New Build: The W!

GoldenMotor.com

f250cobra

Nov 3, 2010
Central,Pa
So, it's been a while since I have been on here but I have a new build so I thought I would post it up.
Well, I had this bike for a while and rode it all last summer.

I liked this bike but was just not wild enough, comfortable to ride but there is always room for improvement. I started with some new bars, little apes were ok, but like I said, not wild enough. These are over 20" tall. Started a new frame too.

Please note the suspension seat! I also decided I wanted to shift gears, so I needed some room for a jack shaft of my own design because I didn't want to dish out $200 for one so I pieced one together for about $50.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very unique and innovative build. Thanks for sharing.
With your fabrication skills you should be able to build a better exhaust system that would compliment the rest of the bike. Maybe an extended pipe with a megaphone shaped muffler out back? Just a suggestion. :)

Tom

f250cobra

Nov 3, 2010
Central,Pa
Very true, I have thought about the exhaust, I don't like the stock one and I have some ideas. Just haven't put anything into metal yet. Glad you like it.

Marcelao

Feb 11, 2014
Brazil
those tires and Wheels are 26?
How u made that jackshaft?
Would like to make a similar could u tell us how it is was made?

f250cobra

Nov 3, 2010
Central,Pa
Thanks guys. As for the jackshaft I ordered everything from Staton, on the crank side there is a 3 prong freewheel adapter that holds a14 tooth 3 prong and a 17 tooth freewheel. The freewheel is chained to the crank and the 3 prong is chained to the rear cassette. The shaft itself is a keyed 5/8 going to a 23 tooth 41 chain hooked to the motor. You are on your own figuring out the gearing but I would go with a 27 tooth for the 41 chain if I had it all to do over again but that won't fit now with how the frame is built. Wheels are indeed 26". All my frames are built on the fly by what I can make work, never tried to mimic anything. I look at the shop, see what is laying around and start cutting and welding.

f250cobra

Nov 3, 2010
Central,Pa
I did not adjust the neck angle. I don't want to throw off the frame geometry too much. All of my frame modifications are generally from the crank back. Neck and crank stay the same. Thanks for all the interest.

Canoe sidecar Silverbear?