Indian fender attachment points???

GoldenMotor.com

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
I thought I would put a front fender back on my bike at some point, or at least the part behind the leaf spring and it occurred to me that I don't know where the the top is attached. The lower support struts are obvious but does anyone know where the the other end is attached on the original bikes?

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
looking as close as I can to the pic provided; I see only one possability ( which means Im wrong :) ) Under the triple tree, view blocked by the fork, their must be come type of inverted bracketry. Either that, or its invisable and Indian was very advanced in stealth, and we didnt know it.

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
Actually Velodrome, the early Indians were surprisingly stealthy at at hiding things, like wiring for example. I'm currently trying to clean up some of my rat's nests as well.

Steve, your link didn't come through but got me thinking and a search for 1920 fenders turned this up. I think it reveals the secret. Probably similar for earlier designs.

Attachments

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
Thanks Steve. Those photos do indeed reveal the secret. I would have guessed the rear spring retaining bolts not the front and I will likely do that.