2nd BUILD! A Tandem

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Hey guys long time! I was telling paul that with the electric bikes there really isn't much to talk about like with those POS gas bikes. Gotta say electric is sooo much better. Anyways, I am building a tandem for me and my duaghter to ride. I ordered another Magic Pie 4 and two batteries. 1 is a 48v 10ah lipo 4 from goldenbikes and another is a 48v 20ah from ebay.(Maybe it will be ok????) what I need is a good three way switch. 1 for battery A, middle for no battery (for charging) and 3 for battery B. I figure I can run on battery A and switch to battery B. Put switch in the middle so i can charge both batteries at the same time. When switch is in the middle neither battery will be connected. Hope this makes sense.
Here is a picture of the bike. Its low end but with some Fat Frank tires upgraded brake pads and some better seats (funny huh...seats plural). My main concern is the weight of the bike and two riders. Good thing is there is plenty of room for batteries.

Attachments

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
An electric tandem sounds like a great idea. About that switch, Where can you get something like that ? it sounds good. I would just put an on/off switch on each battery pack or simply plug them in one at a time.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
why a hub setup? ..........i started with a hub now ditched that an have a mid-drive setup be buggered if i'll ever go hub motor again.......