e bike build

GoldenMotor.com

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I just went and bought a new bike and a rear 48v500w regen braking with LCD control kit. Couldn't help myself.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
i am thinking of doing a 48v 1000w that im looking at on ebay, front wheel. I have a bike that ive been using as my towing bike, carting laundry and whatnot and i want to fit the battery pack on the rack. Right now im in the process of moving into a new apartment and trying to generate interest in my old bike so i can sell it for more money to start an ebike build. I didnt realized i had been getting lots of replies... the bike candidate i have now is a girls bike with a rack on the back 26 inch.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ya something was a little fishy about it. the amount of revs that small wheel would have to do to get that kind of speed. its pretty confusing. it is saying that is rim size not tire size. what size rim would be for a 26" tire

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Yep. Tell them you need a tire too. 26" bicycle rims are 22". Motorcycle tires go by rim size. So, your going to need a 21" motorcycle tire for it. I think. Those kits are not for " regular bicycles".

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I think I will stick with my magic pie on a cruiser. I have done over 40 miles today and going to do some more. these motorized bicycles are just a blast and the perfect transportation for most things

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
me either. i looked at their 48v 1500 watt kit and they are claiming it will do over 43.4mph
Hard to believe but TRUE. Don't tell anybody but I hit 33mph on the flat with the wind behind me on the 48v500w. It doesn't take off fast but give it enough time and it starts bookin. I was hitting 26-28 going into the wind. Wow.of Course, Havin a good bike helps

bikeslob

Jul 31, 2013
Gresham, Oregon
I bought a cheap speedometer for my new bike from Amazon. Because of the mt bike and the Big Apple tires (2.35") I'm having difficulty with a formula to calculate mph. There is a setting I have to set that takes the height, or circumference and comes up with mph. Anybody know how I can do this? I was thinking I could measure the height of the tire on the wheel inflated and get the numbers I need. Hope I'm not hijacking this thread too much.