California Freaks

GoldenMotor.com

superbringa

Jun 26, 2009
try outside of THE MATRIX
Well here it is, I just got my first ticket costing $179 in Beverly Hills for not wearing a helmet on a bike.. Man I tell you, people on the road in CA particular, are nasty. Just came back from Mid Wilshire area (Saturday 11:30 AM) and almost got killed by an old fart pulling out of a parking space, making a left turn and looking in the other direction to the right) but first don't you want to make sure that the lane you are going to cross first is free of traffic? ... never really realized this but lately I am noticing more and more that automobile drivers are really mad at anyone on a bike, motorcycle etc. Could it be that it is because, you are the only one moving (!!!!!) and also it costs you less than a cup of coffee for fuel and you get a better gas mileage than any hybrid. Speaking of which why do they have to be so ugly? Well actually if you are a d bag (meet a lot of them in LA and women find them really sexy(!!!!) again that is an other puzzle) than you don't care and think that it is a great looking car. So anyway built 2 motorized bikes with the available chinese motors... I really love riding them whenever I have a chance... anyone who think that you can build these under 3 hours... well I want to see it... so make sure you let me know. I must slow because I have spent almost... well I am not even going to go there because it really does not matter.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Re: California F..ks

No matter where you live.....where you ride....who you are.....there's going to be peoples on you for no particular reason....I've learned to swallow my pride and ride defensively at all times....down here in Florida you don't need a helmet for either a bicycle or a motorcycle.....come on down !....Sorry this has happened to you ....

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Last edited by a moderator:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Superbringa,
I always give this advice: Ride as if you're invisible. Pretend that no one can see you and in order to keep out of trouble YOU make the decision to either use your brakes or continue on your way. I ALWAYS assume that drivers can't see me and they'll make their decisions based on that. Ride careful, be safe.
Tom

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Superbringa,
I always give this advice: Ride as if you're invisible. Pretend that no one can see you and in order to keep out of trouble YOU make the decision to either use your brakes or continue on your way. I ALWAYS assume that drivers can't see me and they'll make their decisions based on that. Ride careful, be safe.
Tom

Words to live by Tom.....maybe that's why we're at a ripe old age huh ?...:D....( I'm kidding ! )

Grins,
Salty.shft.

superbringa

Jun 26, 2009
I hear you all and yes, Florida is very very inviting... the fact that people are moving out of here is a fact... anyway but what is new about that? So thanks for a good advice and keep on riding... I think motorized bikes are an obsession. Thank God for that.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I hear you all and yes, Florida is very very inviting... the fact that people are moving out of here is a fact... anyway but what is new about that? So thanks for a good advice and keep on riding... I think motorized bikes are an obsession. Thank God for that.
SB.....you are so correct that motorized bicycle riding is an obsession....I even dream of it....whenever I'm in a pissed off mood I hop on my bike and go for a cruise on the backroads around here.....blaze and clear my head
Ride Safe and Ride Often !

Laters,
Salty.shft.

joeytissue

Oct 24, 2009
PSL---FLA
Hey Salty --Im in fl 2. this message board thing is totally new 2 me thgough. ive been building 2cy gasser bikes 4 some time now as a money maken thing, i love building and people seem 2 like the bikes. its only reacently that i got into rideing myself. my son talked his OLD man into rideing with him & now im hooked the reason 4 me on the chat thing is that i want 2 get some input about the jackshaft thing. it looks awsome. i am going to order a kit soon so how do i find others who have um??
JT

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
anyone who think that you can build these under 3 hours... well I want to see it... so make sure you let me know. I must slow because I have spent almost... well I am not even going to go there because it really does not matter.

I can build one in under 3 hours!!! Your bikes are a lot nicer than the 3 hour kind tho...

We ride to Venice most every day... Hit me up if you wanna roll!

superbringa

Jun 26, 2009
I do have to mention that I also ran into a cop on his motorbike who wanted to know where I got my bike from... this also happened in Beverly Hills on little Santa Monica between Wilshire and Beverly Drive... early one morning. Two of us ridding to work. Both bikes just in a very early stages of perfection. Anyway he was very nice and did not say anything about the helmet or like and left us wishing a great ride. This by the way happened way before I got the above mentioned ticket... Also I have noticed that when I ride with my friends, we often get a thumbs up or sometimes a scream but generally a positive reaction to our very small environmental footprint... just wanted to add this so we all have an accurate picture. By the way I am going to fight the ticket... do not know how but I am going to try...