Oil question on chinese engine

GoldenMotor.com

jbabb

Aug 3, 2009
usa
I have heard that I could lower the oil ration on my Chinese engine from 20:1 to 50:1. I was told it would increase power. I have done that but have not seen any real change in power. I do seem to notice a difference in the way the engine runs at top speed. Although it has plenty of power it seems to lope a bit. Is this due to the oil change? Should I go back to the 20:1 ratio?

I was also had a problem with oil seeming to seep out of the air breather it seems to film up all over the engine. I was told that I would have a cleaner engine if I lightened up on the oil. Can anyone help me with these questions. I am new to the forum. I am glad to find a group who have experience with these issues.

Can anyone tell me how to change the plug wire. Mine is very loose. It works fine but it seems loose and I figure there is a problem coming in the future.

Thanks

Jay

.trk

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
The worst thing I did to my first six bikes was break them in at 20:1. Like everyone else I went by the Chinese manual. It caused alot of oil build up every where from on top the piston, to inside the muffler. Now I break them in with Opti-2 oil. I will go around 80:1 for break in then after a couple hundred miles it is 100:1. I know you are going to say it sounds crazy, but do some research on the Opti-2 oil. You will love it!

John

Attachments

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
By changing your fuel to oil ratio you also changed your air to fuel ratio. If you stay with 50:1 you will need to lean your carb out. Lower the needle in the carb, mostly only helps low to mid throttle but it should help.

I would replace your plug wire, the stock ones are not the best. You can pick up a good one at an autoparts store or off our website. The wire just unscrews from the CDI and when you get a new one just screw it on.

jbabb

Aug 3, 2009
usa
By changing your fuel to oil ratio you also changed your air to fuel ratio. If you stay with 50:1 you will need to lean your carb out. Lower the needle in the carb, mostly only helps low to mid throttle but it should help.

I would replace your plug wire, the stock ones are not the best. You can pick up a good one at an autoparts store or off our website. The wire just unscrews from the CDI and when you get a new one just screw it on.
I am learning all this stuff, what do you mean by lowering the needle. How is that done. My problem seems to be on the upper RPMs do you think this may help at faster speeds?

jbabb

Aug 3, 2009
usa
Do I need to stay with the 20:1 now that I have started that way or can I change over to opti2?