More Questions

GoldenMotor.com

Civilization

Aug 2, 2009
Colorado
Well I'm back with another bucket load of questions:

1. I was tightening my nuts and bolts that attach my muffler to the engine and one of them poped off. Now when I ride it spews out a small amount of oil. How would you people go about fixing this? Repace the nut and bolt or something else?

2. When I ride my engine is making a very loud poping sound. Almost like its coming from the spark plug. It doesn't sound bad, but I'm just wondering if it could be a problem. It sounds just like the sound from the engine in this video (at about 7 - 9 seconds you can hear it well):

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=dF2mvYMGZD0&feature=related
(remove the space)

3. My bike occasionally seems like it wants to die, it will go really slow and be moving around 5 mines an hour at full throttle. I don't know what causes this, it usually happens when its hot out so I'm thinking it may be a heat related problem. If I shut it off for 20 minutes and try again it usually fixes the problem, but not always. Any suggestions?

4. At start up the engine normally runs pretty fast, but if I let up on the throttle I can't seem to get it to go as fast again for the duration of the ride. Is this just me thinking I'm going slower or is this a problem?

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
How much oil are you mixing in the gas?
Also... did you break of the exaust stud, or just strip it?
The "popping" sound might be from your leaking exaust...??

Last edited:

Civilization

Aug 2, 2009
Colorado
I'm puting in a 16:1 mixture of 2 cycle motor engine oil.

I broke the exhaust stud, but was able to remove it and replace it with a spare one I had. :D

It was making the sound before my exhaust started to leak.

Civilization

Aug 2, 2009
Colorado
So what? Should I just dump out what I've already got mixed?

If so, I won't be riding my bike for 2 weeks, I haven't got $3.00 to my name to buy more gas LOL

Last edited: