gone fishin'

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Since I ride a trike I can use sla batteries without too much trouble. The trip I make most often is to the lake to fish. It is about 3 1/2 miles out and another 3 /12 back to my house. So I have a set of 12ah sla batteries that handle the trip quite well.

My muse is this. I wonder if a set of 7ah batteries and a charger would work better since there would be more room in my basket for fishing tackle. Looks like the three of them will fit in the same space as two of the 12ah.

I fish at least 2 hours and the club house says I can charge them free. I did charge one of the 12 ah packs one time before I realize I didn't really need to do that. I know it's kind of foolish but I really like that rugged treatment the sla will stand up to without becoming unstable.

Since I can get a set of 3 7ah sla for under fifty bucks and they say you can recharge them fifty times, It seems like a good investment and then I can use the 12ah pack in the trunk of my wife's car in case something happens and they won't let me recharge out there. Got to have a plan be I suppose.