2012 Whizzers of the West Coast Whiz-In pictures

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
What a fun event! There were roughly 83 assorted motorbikes from Whizzers old and new to custom one-offs, Cushman scooters, and everything in between. The highlight of the event is the 83 mile ride along the Sacramento Delta river. There is nothing like a getting a bunch of motorbikes together for a ride. Here are some pictures.

My Wife Debbie and I rode together the whole time. It was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
The little four stroke my Wife was riding did fine. She had to run at 100% throttle but she averaged 30mph the whole trip. She was probably getting the best mpg at around 150.

vintagebiker

Nov 12, 2011
Southern Calif.
I took pics of most of the bikes there.
Here are a few more. I can post more if anyone wants to see them.
One pic is of a cool Marman Twin 2 stroke, that bike made it the whole way (a few didn't). It screamed like an unmuffled chain saw.

Attachments

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Nice! Not single one out over another but the gray bike with the shock forks and shorty fender on the rear reminds me of a Harley Hummer.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
is that an overhead valve train on the yellow bike in post#9 ? It's a whizzer lower end?

johnace1

Oct 1, 2012
lake berryessa
The Yellow bike is mine. The overhead valve conversion is by Fred Koenke and PBS Engineering in So Ca. It makes about 9 H.P. It really makes a old Whizzer run. Ive been clocked at 67 mph and Im 260 lbs.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That looks like it was huge fun. The ride must have been fantastic with all those bikes.