AGK jackshaft plate moving on 79cc

GoldenMotor.com

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Gasbike.net jackshaft plate moving on 79cc

How are you guys keeping your jackshaft plates from moving? I did my first test drive and noticed my little front chain to clutch was a bit loose after the short ride. The machined hole wasnt centered anymore (behind clutch) like when I tightened it. Mine is a Gasbike.net kit if that matters. The washers that came with it seem too small. Any mods, pics, solutions? thanks. oh yea, I was using rubber vibration bushings from a 6.5 pressure washer. Thats not going to work. Im throwing that information in there because it gave my engine a forward and backward twisting type choppy vibration, that was combined with that chattery cheapy clutch, to the point where my valve cover would hammer the seat tube. That space is a quarter inch. so it has to be vibrating a good half inch or more. Cant have that. You kind of see what Im saying? Maybe that gave a hammering effect to chatter that plate back as well. I still want a solution though/opinions. I dont want to keep tightening and strip my holes in the case. Im switching to solid risers I got to make. Im also using the stock predator 79cc engine plate adapter. So the plate adapter is going Like this: Engine, Stock mounting plate to solid risers to the gokart type welded frame plate. Mines a custom frame build. Thanks

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I see you mention AGK jackshaft plate and in your post it's really a Gasbike.net item, maybe thats the problem. I have used the real deal from AGK and never had an issue, try mounting everything solid and see what happens. The clutch should be replaced with a disk type.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Re:Gasbike.net aluminum jackshaft plate moving on 79cc

I see you mention AGK jackshaft plate and in your post it's really a Gasbike.net item, maybe thats the problem. I have used the real deal from AGK and never had an issue, try mounting everything solid and see what happens. The clutch should be replaced with a disk type.
Thanks for the reply. I retitled the post. For some reason I call it a AGK clone. I guess I didnt mention clone. I have no idea who first designed tha type. I thought it might be AGK. Anyhow. I need to go around and tidy things up with lock tight. As for disc clutch... Are you saying the bully? Or do they make a cheaper disc clutch? Thanks.