Aftermarket kill switch?

GoldenMotor.com

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I seen some where on here you could use a toggle switch from Radio Shack for a kill switch,witch one would be the best fit in the stock throttle housing? What type of wiring could be used? Would stereo wire work without any harm? Thank you

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It's both not as complected as ya think and even more so :p

Just about any switch will do, I prefer the momentary switch (push to off, but doesn't stay in that position) but any toggle that fits would work fine too - I'd recommend bringing the throttle housing with you to test fit. The way most toggle switches are shaped ya might have a tough time gettin' one in there and the Rat Shack folks are pretty clueless these days unfortunately. I would also very much recommend soldering those connections so grab a soldering gun while yer at it if ya don't have one.

The only thing with the wire is making sure it's of a similar gauge, if it's the same size or larger (the wires themselves not the plastic housing ofc) the bike will never know it's original intent. I used an old USB cord to extend my electrical system, handy as it's four wires & a ground all nicely bundled together and even shielded - they are a lil on the skinny side which increases resistance, but no problems so far ;)

Last edited:

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Sounds great,I will pick up some kind of momentary switch at radio shack today! USB Wire huh? I'll give that a go if I got enough :D Thanks guys!