New Gen V balanced motor review

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So this motor is for sale?
If not then where can I get one?
Sorry, I only have enough for local sales until the boat arrives with more from China in early Jan.

Even then it would be too much of a headache to send to Poland and you wouldn't want to pay for the high shipping anyway.

Get a fellow countryman to bring one back with him when he comes to visit Disneyland.
Good luck.

wahtermelon

Jan 16, 2014
OC
I have new motors but they sell out fast so getting more on the 31st.

I still think it would be very expensive to mail one to Poland.

I will see what the Post Office charges to ship one.
What is the best way to ship stuff to Poland from California? :D
Hi MotorBicycleRacing,

I'm in Orange County. How can I get one of your Gen V's?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
anyone know to to balance a cran???? i have a drill press and everything necessary. Just not sure about .xx.EXACTLY WHAT TO DO
If you don't know how, you're better off not trying.
It requires a lot more than just a drill press.
Google ''crank balancing'' for more details.
It would take far too long to describe the process here, but basically you use a percentage of the conrod and piston weight as a ''bobweight'' to simulate the assembled crank and rod/piston assembly, then drill (or add mallory metal) to the crank counterweight until the crank has no heavy side with the bobweight attached.
There is really no such thing as a balanced single cylinder engine. They are a compromise based on average rpm determined by a formula I can't remember.
Hope this helps.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Anyone know how much to cut off the piston skirt when porting??????????? Any help is extremely appreciated!!!!!!!
If you cut into the piston skirt, start small and work your way up to where you want it, best to have a spare piston or 3, then if you go too far, just cut the nex one the same as the last improvement. Start by cutting 2 to 3 mm off the bottom of the skirt at the intake port, then test it out and decide if you want to cut out more. probably about 5mm cut off the skirt will do. Make sure you chamfer and smooth around any cuts you make.

Remember that this does effect port timing so cutting a little off may help, but cutting too much off can make it worse. if you can connect a protractor or degree wheel to your crank you can fine tune it to match your riding style and gearing etc by putting the peak power where you'll be using it.

Read the 2 stroke Tuner's guide by Gordon Jennings or the one that Alexander Graham Bell wrote, both these can be found online and I've seen links to them in this forum as well, but by following their basics you can get a real good idea where and how much to cut.

You can also adjust your power curve by indexing the piston at the top where the transfers and exhaust ports are, shaving off 0.5 to 1.5mm at the exhaust port and transfer ports can help adjust where your peak power is as well as having some effect on max rpm. Pistons are cheap so grab up a few and have fun