My New Build- Thruster 66cc

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
This is my new build. It is a Fix-d from Target, but it is the same bike as the Wal-Mart thruster fixie, but it does not have a Mcdonalds themed paint job.

Anyway, most of the kit bolted onto the frame, which was awesome, but I had a little problem with the sprocket. I filed the sprocket to fit around the bike sproket on the flip flop hub, and bolted it on to the large sproket.

The bike turned out great. Even though it's just a slant head china girl, it does a good 34 mph on flat and runs great. I've taken it on two hour rides out on little trails out here in North California near farms.
brnot

How many people have seen this build done before? I'd love to see how other people did theirs, so please post a picture or two!

Also, is it bad to run the break in mixture ratio for a long period? I'm trying to be the best to my engine. What kind of maintainece should I do? There used to be a thread, but I think it got deleted.

I'm looking for parts that might make this bike better, I'm open to suggestions!

Here are some pictures of the bike.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
is it bad to run the break in mixture ratio for a long period?
The only thing too much oil does is help break the motor in, after that it just robs performance and clogs your exhaust.
What kind of maintainece should I do?
Before every ride grab the top of your motor with one hand and your top bar with the other and push back and forth as hard as you can, if it moves at all re-tighten your motor mounts.
Check your drive chain tension and keep it oiled.
Check your tire pressure and brakes often.
I'm looking for parts that might make this bike better, I'm open to suggestions!

Unless you replaced your stock CDI spark plug cable with a high performance one, unscrew the brass cap on top of your spark plug so you don't break your cap trying to force it on ;-}

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Looks like a nice build, and your photos are really well done.

The one thing I might do is get an under bar tank- a bit expensive- I think the only place that has them is Bikeberry at about $40 or more plus shipping-
http://www.bikeberry.com/2-5l-black-reverse-mounting-gas-tank.html

but it would get the tank out of the way if you want to pedal at all- the usual oproblem with diamond frames is that the top tube is so short and so the tear drop tank makes your kness go wide peddaling

another site perpetually lists them for $15 before shipping, but NEVER has them in stock-
I'm hoping the chinese may come along with some lightweight plastic tank, maybe 1 liter- that will hang under a top tube and fill from the side

Last edited: