Anybody ever build a double engine bike?

GoldenMotor.com

bwader

Feb 10, 2013
hampton roads VA
I have a 2 stroke frame engine kit on a bike and I have a friction drive kit I had on another bike.

Has anybody ever put 2 engines on a bike?

I know it sounds crazy and going overboard. But the idea could work to give you a very heavy bike that is redundantly reliable.

LoL Or Dare I say It!.....(Bill Nye voice) A triple engine bike! A friction drive engine on both tires and in frame engine!

That would be a lot of wires and cables.

Could have all three engines running with a lot more power 150cc's if they are all 50cc engines or more.

Or just one running and the other in "stand-by"

I did 5 years in the navy as a machinist mate testing boiler water/fuel/ oil and in the steam plant on a navy ship there is always 2 or more pumps and motors to keep the plant running constantly at sea. For reliability, maintenance, and for when something breaks.

It would be a neat project to see. Reminds me a the "chain saw bike" with 10+ chainsaw engines.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Buy a ThatsDax or Staton mount and you won't have the problems. The mounts costs as much as your kit, but you'd be ahead if you'd bought one of their kits first - been there and done that many times, so I feel for you.

Lowracer has done a twin engine setup, but now runs a single engine.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Two or more engines can be very good, or very bad. You got some home work ahead.
Actually my twin-engined experiment went very well. The friction drive kits made them easy to install. Each engine had separate throttles which did not need synchronizing. The only disadvantages were the bike's weight (105lbs.) and its propensity for flat tires and the friction drive's love for tire tread. Good mileage (66mpg), great Mitsubishi reliability and double the torque to punch thru headwinds and conquer hills. Even with ADA power pipes, the engines were quiet.

And then there was that AWESOME drone of twin engines!dance1

My friend Rick had twin Honda X35's on Staton chain drive. When he broke the internal gears, Rick gave me the gearbox. I called Staton to order the gearbox's moving parts. The guy persuaded me to ship the box to him. When I did so, that sucker never sent the parts OR my gearbox back.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I have a 2 stroke frame engine kit on a bike and I have a friction drive kit I had on another bike.

Has anybody ever put 2 engines on a bike?

I know it sounds crazy and going overboard. But the idea could work to give you a very heavy bike that is redundantly reliable.

Redundantly reliable.

When one engine's fuel supply malfunctioned, I would "limp home" on the other engine @ 25mph, lol.drn2