1/2 HP garage door opener motor, will it work?

GoldenMotor.com

HEADDS

Sep 24, 2008
I have a 1/2 horsepower garage door opener motor, the question is will it be enough or do I need a bigger motor? I will get pictures in a few....

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
your motor is probably 120v ac and will not work, what you need are called permanent magnet motors and they come in all voltages from say 12 to i20 volts alot of floor scrubbers that are battery powered have these as do some foriegn made washing machines, frank

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This is a joke, right? If not and to answer your question; yes you can use it on a bike...but you're going to need one heck of a long extension cord.
Tom

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
headds welcome to the forum,hang around and read, read, read.This group is capable of doing online brain surgery.Harleys Dad

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You can do online brain surgery. I have a tumor that I need removed. My doc won't attempt it but if you guys want to take a shot at it we can arrange something. We can go to some really nice hotel and book a suite. it would be cheaper than the hospital. Get a few dancers to help out. Heck even if you kill me we can have a lot of fun first. LOL