I've got it together...partially

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
here's what I have done to my predator build. I will be running some kind of jackshaft. I will probably use the shaft from AGK. I'm getting kind of deterred away from the build. It's my first non kit build and I feel like it will not work out well or properly. Maybe because it's my first time. I will probably keep the exhaust as is...as it doesn't interfere with pedaling. I've run the engine on the bike and revved it a few times, doesn't seem to vibrate AT ALL, and seems very solid. I will be using a happy time gas tank as well as the throttle grips too. Probably switch carbs too. I still need a gas tank, fuel line and filter, different carburetor, jackshaft, 56t rear sprocket with hardware, throttle grips/cable, bottom bracket conversion kit and pedals to go with. I think that's all I have left...I have a really good feeling about this project...but at the same time, like something won't work. It would be a lot easier if I had access to welding equipment and someone to use them.(I personally can't weld) If anyone would like to PM me and keep an eye on my progress that would help alot! Here's what I've got so far.

Attachments

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Looks like you need to turn that exhaust down rather than up. That might be a little HOT on the old ball area.
It's actually not mounted/supported and is just "floating there". I think I'll keep it the same but end up running it underneath the tube instead of being on top. Other than that it seems not to bother anything.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
great looking motorized bicycle donavan. i am in agreement though you need to keep the muffler as far from body parts as possible, i was wearing baggy rain paints one time riding and they hit the exhaust and melted to my pants and leg, hurt like heck. my stupidity of course but since then it is one of the things i keep an eye on

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
great looking motorized bicycle donavan. i am in agreement though you need to keep the muffler as far from body parts as possible, i was wearing baggy rain paints one time riding and they hit the exhaust and melted to my pants and leg, hurt like heck. my stupidity of course but since then it is one of the things i keep an eye on
Yeah, as I mentioned above, it's not actually in place. It's only temporary. I might actually run a longer setup down the road. For this current one, I'll relocate it underneath the 'top" tube. I've run the engine when I mounted it and it's butter smooth, there wasn't any rattling or jingling. I think it will make quite the smooth ride.