212 hf / schwinn delmar

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It might fit, but why would you want to put such a large, heavy powerful engine on a generic bicycle? Foolish, IMHO.

I think the largest you should run is the Predator 99cc. Even then, you're going to have to upgrade wheels and brakes at the least.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
so you dont know if it will fit. thanks for deciding what size engine i should run but the question i asked still remains unanswered will it fit?
glenn

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
OK, to answer your question, I say no, it won't fit without a crowbar and a torch.

It was a very tight fit on my build which has a fair bit more frame space for the 212cc HF than the Schwinn. Hope this helps....

dnut

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto, OT question but since you were the first here that I know of to use that HF engine, is your bike for street use or just used on a track?
To be honest, I built it strictly for the track and racing purposes. I do however ride it on the street for testing and have been pulled over on it once so far.....riding it at dusk with no lights. Mainly the track, only occasionally on the street.

dnut

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i want to do it vertically. but not quite sure yet till i get the frame.i wont get that till next week.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Glennbo, I think that hole is big enough you could put a crf250 in it and it would still have room! LOL! I have this frame with a Ht and it looked ridiculous until i built giant front mount for it. It probably still looks fugly, but it has grown on me.

Put your calipers on the seat tube wall thickness of this frame and then check your Delmar and you will understand why that gentleman advised you not to do what you were thinking. Take a look at pictures of 4 stroke Luxury liner on pirate site and it will give you a good feel for dimension. Beware if you plan on using any roadmaster stuff such as chain guards etc. stupid, insane out of sight expensive!

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i get the frame thursday> still trying to figure out if i want to use a jack shaft or go with a torque converter?
glenn