4 strokes look like a bulky box!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yep! Like I said.... BULKY BOXS!

Beginer...Just wondering why you choose a used Briggs for $240 over a new 212cc for $100?

Scotto...Im sure your 212cc is fast, but Ill bet my little 175cc 2 stroke would be the one doing the spanking! And my 175 2 stroke doesn't look like a bulky box!

I just wish the manufactures would focus their attention on a nice looking, inexpensive 4 stroke that was designed to motorize a bicycle, and not look like a bulky box!

Besides, cooling fins belong on the cylinder and head, not on a flywheel!
Not if they're water cooled laff

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Whoa! Dude! That is a way cool machine! Am I right in thinking that's a 212cc motor, and an old generator in front of it? It looks like it might not cool well, but I guess it must because you've gone to a great deal of trouble getting it all together.
I would love to see a video of the rig going down the road, and sweeping a few corners.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Not so bulky box!

175cc, 2 stroke, 3 speed, American made, and I am 100% certain that my 2 stroke will "spank" that big, bulky looking, imported ,212cc , Harbor Freight, 4 stroke engine on the race track !

Iowa Flat Track race is about a month away!

Show up, and prove me wrong! PLEASE!

I will buy you a 6-pack just for showing up!
I think they call that a motorcycle and it has gears. When you can pedal that bike, I'll show up!

Motorized bicycle....

There is a big difference, I can pedal circles around the Italian powered motorcycle you call a Harley......

brnot

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Not a total waste of time. The drama SS has started has prompted people to post pics of the greatest creations they have.

My briggs IS legal. None of those bikes you posted are legal as motorized bikes. Those are motorcycles.

That 3-wheeler... Wow!!! Is that your bike?? Is that an electric start?? That pedal crank/jackshaft is very ingenious.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Yes, that is my sidehack. Far from the craziest thing in my collection.

The engine is a 118cc Lifan. Starter / Generator from a golf cart. Electric start with a 20amp 12v charging system.

The jackshaft is simple:

The engine cools just fine. The primary belt can be removed with your fingers like a moped. That way you have a "neutral".

It handles so well it is easy to forget you have the extra wheel.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You know, it would probably fit:

But I think I want a faster escape vehicle if I am going to deploy that unit.

(yes, that is an actual "backpack nuke" at the museum)

A 'backpack nuke' ? No thanks. I'd rather have a suitcase version. That way you can stash it then get away. Hauling a backpack around sounds too much like like 'suicide'.

What museum has that thing on display?

Tom