need some help

GoldenMotor.com

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Good grief, that is a lot of monkey-motion to swap sides.

Why not run this hub:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shimano-Deore-FH-M525-/131427446337?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e99afae41

With a single sprocket, spaced over like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singlespeed-Bicycle-Cassette-Conversion-Kit-16-15t-Road-or-MTB-101g-Alloy-NEW-/310946090800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4865d4cf30

Then run a rag joint, or a hub adapter. Put both chains on the same side. DAX even has rag sprockets to fit the T8F chain, which is a common pocket bike chain.

Keep the 5:1 gear, you will need it.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I need to avoid replacing the rear hub because i have a 20x4.25 wheel and finding/using a hub is a bit of a hassle/expense

also in general I am working with a budget.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i wish i could help. i ended up building a great gasbike for offroad. i also got a derbi bullet for 500 bucks. big bore kits and pipes i get 200 each plus free shipping :) it has 9hp-10hp at 70cc. its legal and i can test top speeds without seriously breaking laws.
msg me if u want.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
15-25 hp is pretty standard for serious riders builds. i live in ontario and the laws dont allow much else. i love a good two stroke and i enjoy my scooter building so much the gasbikes seem prehistoric. the 9-10 hp i have now is just considered a torque setup.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
quick question: anyone have any issues getting ahold of BlowByU? I fired off an email a couple of days ago for a shipping quote and have had nothing in reply yet. how normal is that?

right now I only really have two Canadian sellers to pick from for a Huasheng kit* BlowByU and Motorboy, the former hasn't replied to my email, and the latter sold me the two-stroke motor that died on me.

* BlowByU has a kit with a genuine honda GX50 but he wants almost a thousand dollars for it!

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
yea insurance is 30 a month. the bullet is bigger than most 50cc scooter like the yamaha. and it comes w a 17.5mm carb so you dont need to change the whole carb and airbox crap to install a 70cc kit.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
A Huasheng 4G kit is currently in the mail.
I spoke with Motoroboy about the 2-stroke failure and asked if he could cut me a deal, and he did. seems like a real good dude, and he is by far the closest vendor to me of anything motor-bicycle related (I wish he would expand his inventory :) ) Should be here soon-ish.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
yeah, I've been updating the build thread, this one has sort of done it's job.

I feel like i should make a large text post about this though:
A huasheng 49cc fits in an OCC frame

that information is not out there enough.

that said the pedals wont fit as is, but when is that the case with a four stroke anyway.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
may as well ask this question here.
is it possible to move the sprocket on the output shaft of the transmission?

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
It is.
I have done it with a washer to push it in-board. This was due to a chain alignment mistake that I made on one of my first builds. I believe that the proper adjustment should be made at the mount, if possible.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I need to move it further away from the end of the shaft (outboard?) I need to get the shaft machined don't I?

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Because I'm kinda slow...

You are talking about moving the drive chain away from the tire right?
Is it for tire clearance, or for chain/gear alignment?

Can you file out the engine mount slots to allow for some side-to-side adjustment... safely?