212cc engine kit - at last!

GoldenMotor.com

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
I've been thinking about adding a 4stroke to my fleet. I have a 212cc sitting on my shelf couldn't resist it for $99. I was thinking about the 4G for $299 but might get this kit instead.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just can't wait for the kit with a 420cc Predator......they could call it the "Monster Mash".

All you would need is a Harley frame for starters. And a 12V battery ;)

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Wow! And, they throw in a CNC sprocket & adapter - I believe as soon as I figure out what sort of frame that is in their photos I may be on my way to my next project.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wow! And, they throw in a CNC sprocket & adapter - I believe as soon as I figure out what sort of frame that is in their photos I may be on my way to my next project.
Are you an "Expert Only"?

What kind of expert they don't say however laff

That frame looks to be a Huffy Cranbroke or equivalent.....look for something a bit sturdier for safety's sake.

Last edited:

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Are you an "Expert Only"?

What kind of expert they don't say however laff

That frame looks to be a Huffy Cranbroke or equivalent.....look for something a bit sturdier for safety's sake.
My last ground-up build was a 1957 Hydraglide, and no, that does not make me an expert on motorized bikes.
I currently have my eye on a Firmstrong Bruiser, but, whatever I buy I'll probably end up replacing the front end so I can have a disc brake system. I'll be darned if I'll have 212 cc's and not have stopping power to go with it.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My last ground-up build was a 1957 Hydraglide, and no, that does not make me an expert on motorized bikes.
I currently have my eye on a Firmstrong Bruiser, but, whatever I buy I'll probably end up replacing the front end so I can have a disc brake system. I'll be darned if I'll have 212 cc's and not have stopping power to go with it.
The main stopping power on my 212cc race bike is the engine itself.......seriously. Mainly due to it's very high compression mind you.

I was built in 1957 and I'm certainly no expert on motorized bicycles either, but they sure are a lot of fun!! Anyway you look at it motorized bikes are a gas, even if they're electric :D

The Firmstrong Bruiser is a great looking frame but I have heard stories of their frames cracking so be wary and maybe use some gussets in high stress areas of the frame. Have fun with your build and take your time to do it right.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
You would probably want a different exhaust altogether and maybe a larger rear sprocket, and you would want to do some different things like maybe beef up your frame depending what you're going with and Fab up a 3rd motor mount, but I think for that motor mount and torque converter alone, $399 is not a terrible price. I don't think anywhere else is selling a cnc'd motor mount for the 212.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Evidently, 1957 is something you & I have in common besides interest in two wheels.
While rooting in my garage a bit ago I discovered a serviceable suspension front end with tabs for mounting a caliper, so I guess my project is begun. I am beginning to wonder if the way to go isn't to just order a Skyhawk frame along with the engine kit.
Heading the other route, I've also found a Micargi with the sort of looks I want. First, of course, comes that kit. I've been pouring cash adding stuff to my current ride until it sort of looks like a rolling parts shop.

Brucelee

Apr 2, 2015
McKinleyville CA
I would question the jackshaft in that kit. go to sportsman flyer site and look at the reduction unit there. It will handle the torque that the 212 puts out even when you bump up the hp and tq

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
That transmission appears to be a comet clone. A couple friends of mine used the comet clones with the 212's without issue. Cant say for sure that it is, but it looks like it.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That transmission appears to be a comet clone. A couple friends of mine used the comet clones with the 212's without issue. Cant say for sure that it is, but it looks like it.
I was running my 212cc with the GTC (comet clone) torque converter and it worked great till I built my engine over 15hp.......then it started smoking the belts very quickly. At $15 to$30 per belt it gets real expensive, thus I started using a 2-disc clutch with great results.

Before

After

Been racing this bike for 4 years now and it just keeps getting better everyday.....

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
I was running my 212cc with the GTC (comet clone) torque converter and it worked great till I built my engine over 15hp.......then it started smoking the belts very quickly. At $15 to$30 per belt it gets real expensive, thus I started using a 2-disc clutch with great results.

Before

After

Been racing this bike for 4 years now and it just keeps getting better everyday.....
Before & after appear to be two different frames - what is the story there?

I have a Comet CVT like the one in question on the big wheel,and it has held up well. I do burnouts with the front end against a wall or truck bumper, and the drive holds up fine.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.

Before

After

Not sure when I'd ever reach the 'smokin' belts' stage, but I sure like the looks of the drive system on #2 - very clean. Plus, it appears as if you managed to eliminate the frame mounted chain tensioner - very nice.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me, if I may answer a question. The before and after frames are aviation grade aluminum Felt frames. I believe the before frame cracked then Felt replaced that free of charge with the after frame. Thank you.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me. I felt like answering a question. I didn't mean to step on anybody's toes. Thank you. I guess I got a little bit anxious.