Hi from California

GoldenMotor.com

EZDUZIT

Jul 21, 2014
Long Beach
Hi all, new here, first post. I'm in Long Beach CA. I bought a Kustom Krusier stretch bike with a china engine/kit already installed. The guy I bought it from did a lousy job on the install and the bikes been ridden hard and mechanically neglected. Rode it for a week, had lots of fun and it's time for a rebuild. Not a full blown restoration, just clean and repair all loose and missing nuts and bolts with a few add-ons. Maybe a full blown restoration with re-chrome/powder coat later on down the road.

I'm a machinist, I have a small work shop in my garage with a small lathe and have TIG MIG and stick welding capabilities at home too.

I pressure washed the bike and completely disassembled it. Have lots of questions, and I'm wondering which category to post them in? I'll try to attach a pic of bike when I bought it.....Thanks!!!

Attachments

EZDUZIT

Jul 21, 2014
Long Beach
I took the seat/mini sissy bar off. Bought a nice "wide glide" regular seat from the Long Beach bike swap meet. That long seat is off of a Harley.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us. Anything we can help you with, we'll try.
We have a section for your style of bike here > http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Personally I like the saddle that you say you removed. It fit the bike well. I know, from experience , that it probably wasn't the most comfortable seat but it sure looked good.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom