GoldenMotor.com

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
Last edited:

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
All 3 look like they will work. The Schwinn looks like a nicer one but I don't know how much its worth. Try to find out year it was made and if it was made in USA.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You'd have an easy time with the Schwinn, but I am not sure it's worth 90. The Huffy's have a sharper angle in the frame and look like they may be a little tight, but would likely work. For 20 bucks it's worth a shot.

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but chromoly steel is a steel/chromium alloy. I don't know too much about it but I have heard it is stronger than regular steel.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Just some tips about the bike you choose:

Road and mountain bikes already have busy handlebars with levers and shift controllers on both sides and you need to add 1 more to each side.

You can either try to just shove the clutch and throttle on as well but besides looking pretty dumb they make it a lot less safe to operate.

The proper way in my book anyway is to do it is the following:
Completely remove the front derailleur shift control and both brake levers.
Put a dual pull brake lever on the right with the throttle.
Move the rear shift controller to the left with the clutch.

To do this the bike needs a rotary rear shift control you can move to the left so don't buy a bike with lever shifters, especially if the brake and shifter are one piece.

You will need to buy a dual-pull brake lever, $13 at sickbikeparts.com so you might as well get an NGK Iridium plug as well so figure ~$28 delivered.

In my opinion the safest and easiest to operate controls on a bike with dual shift and brake controls on a 2-stroke gas build ends up looking like this.

On a 4-stroke builds with no clutch lever or electrics this of course is irrelevant like this electric built I am just wrapping up, I left her handlebars intact all but removing the right grip and putting on the half grip rotary throttle and a 1/2 grip on the right.

Other than making sure your used bikes back wheel and brakes are sound that should steer you in the right direction to buy a bike you want to put a 2-stroke on.

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
ty all
kcvale i would love a cruiser bike but i not seen none worth the look yet well there's a couple but want 100-150 for them i could get a new one for that price (again to my first post is it worth looking for 90-150 old cruiser bikes are they better that 90-150 new cruiser bikes)?,so i broading my options at the moment i want to get started but no rushing into things .yes a mtb looks clustered on the handlebars but if i find a cheap one i might go for it if not i look for a cruiser bike :).

Last edited: