Anybody built one of these?

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think this bike would suck as a peddle riding bike. It only has one gear. It weighs 40 lbs. You wouldn't get anywhere fast on it.

The Atomic BB weighted 30 lbs new. The Cadillac AV Sport with disk brakes front and rear, and 21 gears weighed 32 lbs.

The Deep 6 is a beast of bicycles lol.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
1903 is the same (single speed) but the Deep 6 has those nice fat 3" tires. I rode my 1903 around for a while just to get used to it and the hills were brutal. But then I'm old and sit at a computer all day. High pressure tires help if you are willing to do without the cream thick bricks.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
1903 is the same (single speed) but the Deep 6 has those nice fat 3" tires. I rode my 1903 around for a while just to get used to it and the hills were brutal. But then I'm old and sit at a computer all day. High pressure tires help if you are willing to do without the cream thick bricks.
Yeah Biknut, those heavy thick bricks are just holding you back. Let me do you a favor and swap them out for my super sweet 26" whitewall Duros on Weinmann wheels. They are already extremely broken in for you! laff

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
No matter what you do you're still pushing a 40 lb bike. I bet a 1903 weighs the same, or more. I think the white tires look good, but white tires aren't good for a MB. There's a lot of good tires in 24x3 though.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Huge difference when I switched from the quick bricks to a pair of Continental Town and Country tires. I can inflate them about 15psi higher. Rolling resistance goes down with a higher pressure tire and they are a few grams lighter. On my black bike I think the Continentals look pretty bad ass too. The cream tires with the candy apple red would be tough to top on the Deep 6. Felt really dialed that one in. I think it's better looking than the Hot Wheels bike and that bike rocks. The Deep 6 is a special order anywhere close to where I'm at.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Huge difference when I switched from the quick bricks to a pair of Continental Town and Country tires. I can inflate them about 15psi higher. Rolling resistance goes down with a higher pressure tire and they are a few grams lighter. On my black bike I think the Continentals look pretty bad ass too. The cream tires with the candy apple red would be tough to top on the Deep 6. Felt really dialed that one in. I think it's better looking than the Hot Wheels bike and that bike rocks. The Deep 6 is a special order anywhere close to where I'm at.
Yeah, I started making a big scene in the store because of them charging me $25 special order charge. It didn't help, they still made me pay it.

It really rubbed me the wrong way for them to charge me $25 extra, to get a bike that they're the local dealer of.

I was thinking about blowing it off, but I didn't because it was still about $25 cheaper than the online price.

On top of that I started getting the feeling the salesman dude was giving me the shizz, because I think he looks down on MBs, and he looks down on beach cruisers.

They told it would be 6 weeks. 6 weeks came and went. Nothing. The factory said they never got the order. We had to reorder. Another 6 weeks later, the shop said it would be 3 more weeks.

What's funny is, when I the dealer why he didn't already have a Deep 6 on the showroom floor, he said it's because beach cruisers just sit around collecting dust. I knew he had no idea what we was talking about.

then 6 weeks later when the general manager called the factory to find out where my bike was, they told him Deep 6 were so popular that the factory didn't even have a demo bike.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I've looked at that bike many times in person and am in lust with it. Its so beautifull words fail. Please dont put a ringie dingie 2 stroke $100 motor in a million dollar ride. I've looked it up and down and also dont really see how a 49cc 4 stroke would fit either without notching the undertank thingy. Im thinking a custom box on the back in Felt Factory paint to hide the battery and a Magic Pie hub electric laced into the back rim.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've looked at that bike many times in person and am in lust with it. Its so beautifull words fail. Please dont put a ringie dingie 2 stroke $100 motor in a million dollar ride. I've looked it up and down and also dont really see how a 49cc 4 stroke would fit either without notching the undertank thingy. Im thinking a custom box on the back in Felt Factory paint to hide the battery and a Magic Pie hub electric laced into the back rim.

Object de arte

That's what this bike is all about. They nailed it. I think we all agree on that.

It makes zero difference that it weighs a ton, you can't ride it very far, it costs a lot, you have to pay for it upfront, and it takes forever to get one.

You really get the feeling this bike it too nice to touch, you just want to look at it. Like a piece of art work.

Anyone messing one of these bikes up should be banned from the site for life lol.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Object de art? We have a different word for it...HIGH MAINTENANCE LOL!

It is a nice looking bike...heavy means durable generally. Exactly why I am looking long and hard at a worksman. Can't wait till it's fully built to see.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't think biknut is going to add a motor.
If I'm ever going to ride it, it's going to have to have a motor.

My wife just made me take her out and buy a new washing machine. Not the $500 model she wanted before. Now she decided the $800 model was a better deal.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I might as well foist my opinion on you while we're at it: A 50cc version of the Howell V-Twin. If you are not familiar Google it. The Deep 6 was made for it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If I'm ever going to ride it, it's going to have to have a motor.
Well hush my mouth. I just got back from a 4 mile ride with my wife on her Kent LaJolla. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Maybe if it wasn't 97 degrees outside. Normally her bike has the lowest gearing, but this time mine was lower. I didn't realize how low this thing is geared.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I might as well foist my opinion on you while we're at it: A 50cc version of the Howell V-Twin. If you are not familiar Google it. The Deep 6 was made for it.
Yeah that's real nice Harold, but I'm afraid that's way beyond my meager fabrication skills.

It's going to hard enough to keep from screwing this build up and having Tom kick me off the forum and ban me for live, as it is now.

I haven't seen any of these bikes motorized for some reason. I wish there were some, so I could see how they did it.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Mine too which is why I plan to update the design and have it made. I already bought the print set. Might take a year or so but until then the two stroke I have installed looks fine to me. There's a bunch of add on parts to be had to make the little China motors run and look really nice.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
The bike overall looks to be the same frame as the aluminum frame Felt's Just the shape of the tank if different. and the add on bits. If your thinking 4 stroke at all you might try the Phantom bikes motor mount. High quality billit aluminum and made for the 49cc HS and 4G combo. Looks killer once powdercoated. The wide crank they make is very nice also. http://phantom-bikes.com/shop/parts/custom-parts/

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
It's going to hard enough to keep from screwing this build up and having Tom kick me off the forum and ban me for live, as it is now.

I haven't seen any of these bikes motorized for some reason. I wish there were some, so I could see how they did it.
Put a real motor on that Felt! :D
I guess Joker Machine is getting banned here for Felt desecration
even though they didn't cut the frame this time.

Last edited: