My Exhaust MOD

GoldenMotor.com

jototojo

Apr 10, 2011
argentina
Hi again people!
I want you guys to kinda explain a mod i've been using for almost a year and it has giving me really good results (not for the neighbors, hehe).
For those people who has the regular stock exhaust/muffler.
I've found only 2 different tipes of exhaust (there are more i think).
Simply the modification is that you take the bottom screw/screws and then you take the lid or cover that the muffler has on the bottom, with a help of a hammer or just punching it so it releases.
Now you can find 2 things, you take the lid and you find a large pipe that it makes the bike really silently (we dont want that, do we?). I have it just like that with the pipe and the lid off, it sounds loud, but the change is enormous!
Now i can release the clutch slowly with a little bit of throttle and i dont pedal.
The other exhaust has only the lid, all the pipes and stuff doesnt come apart, it sounds kinda loud, but not REALLY. And it gives you more torque and top speed as the other one but not that good.
Some people cut the pipe i mentioned before and put the lid back on without the pipe. I tried that today and i can tell you guys, it sucks, it doesnt make any change. It makes it slower, no torque, bla bla.
Ok, that was it, i hope this worked for you and if you have any doubt just ask me.
THANK YOU!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Loud exhaust will not make you popular with neighbors or the authorities. Noisy exhaust will also not be good for the image this hobby is trying to project. I don't know what the laws in Argentina are like but I'll tell you this; noisy bikes will only bring you negative response from other people and they will not think you're cool because you ride a noisy vehicle. The small amount of added power is not worth the negative image you'll present to the hobby. Muffle it up and make a good impression on yourself and the sport in general. Generally speaking, the only one impressed by a noisy bike is the rider. To everyone else, you're a nuisance.
Tom

jototojo

Apr 10, 2011
argentina
I agree with you.
Here the law is different i think.
And is not that loud really.
I compared it to the original sound, cause the original sound is really low.
And i havent had any bad response from people.
I was just showing the mod i did, the rest is up to the one who wants to do it.
Thanks for the answer Tom!

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
i ended up finding a happy medium with the muffler that came with my grubee. that one had a cat in it, but with the cap off it was insanely loud.

found out an energy drink can made for a nice baffle that could be made to suite how you wanted it. got it to be a nice medium between free flowing and quiet.

starting to think on something else for the new muffler. i want to keep it clean looking on the out side, but try to gut it as much as possible. so it'll flow like it should and still be quiet-ish