My first Build_ Felt Magno etc...

GoldenMotor.com

Starsurf

Nov 23, 2010
Hawaii
Thanks to all of the forums posts, I was able to finally get my first build finished after almost 2 months. I really wanted to get it right the first time... and with a few hiccups, I finally have it running well and I've ridden it about 10 hours worth in the last few days and it is fun. I'm just waiting on the expansion pipe to be welded, finish up the wiring and it will be complete.
I started with a Felt Magno and replaced the handlebar/ headset with swooped cruiser bars (like the 1940's harleys) and put on a Jerry Springer fork. Had the wheels relaced with Sturmey Archer drum brake hubs, the front one is a dynamo and the back one is a three speed. A frind a mine machined the flange clamps and reworked the sprocket for the Sturmey back hub, works unreal and is feeling trustworthy. Had to rework the brake stop and hub brake lever The keg gas tank is for dune buggies make by some guys in Tennessee. I have the 48cc ( the bike is for my son... but I get to use it. Homemade copper boost bottle mouted under the back rack. i bought the Pirate bike new chain tensioner, it works great after you add a second spring. You end up replacing just about everything from those grubbee motor kits from the spark plug and wire to the intake manifold and the engine bolts and studs. It was worth the build to see my son smile and ride off after several hours of safety checks. LOL! Enjoy the photos. I'll post some more soon.
STARSURF

Attachments

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Nice work on the bike, that tank probably takes you all the way around the island there in Maui. My wife and I went there for our Honeymoon, loved it! I hope Cheeseburger in Paradise is still doing well there!

Dr.8820

Dec 20, 2010
Freakville
very nice and welcome to the battlefield! it took me 2 months to build also lol, and i haven't ridden yet...(3 more days...:))!

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX
The Felt Bicycle alone is worth more than the Tucson from Spooky. Don't get me wrong I like the stuff Spooky Tooth has but you are comparing apples and grapes.