I'm One Of The New Guys

GoldenMotor.com

n7net

Jul 5, 2008
North Texas
Hi,

I'm brand new here. It looks like it's the sort of place to be with fuel costing wht it does.

I've been cycling for years. My wife and I have done some long distance tours on a Burley tandem. But the years have caught up with us and we use it for pleasure these days.

I'm interested in motorizing the old Burley. I'm not sure I can find a motor capable propelling the two of us down the road without letting the smoke out. The plan is to utalize four 75-watt solar panels to recharge whatever the end result happens to be, and therefore getting a free lunch.

Suggestions are always welcome.

Scott north f Dallas:ride2:

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
hey Scott and welcome to the friendliest motor bike forums I have found on the www
while I am not familiar with the electro bikes there are plenty of folks here that are and I'm sure one of them will be along shortly to assist you in finding the answers you need
good luck and happy motoring to you and you wife

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome Scott to the forum, glad you joined :D

This is the only solar power kit that I know about. I know they have some solar power recumbent bicycles, but I don't see them working with a upright bike without a lot of mod's and the panel's are huge.

THERA-P-PRODUCTS - Products
:ride2:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. I like the ebike concept, but I don't think the battery technology is quite there yet. They seem to be making advances though. When they make one that will run 20 mph and go about 50 miles and recharge in 15 mins. or less without pedaling then I'll go electric:D I'm fat and lazy, what can I say. I'll probably be waiting awhile. Glad you joined us..................