bicycle motor vibration

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah, I just looked into those....pretty good deal for 35 bucks total! Although me being me, I think I could buy the #41 chain at TSC and make a better version of the motor mount and use the 36T I bought from dax.

Maybe next time.

shadee573

Dec 15, 2008
CA.
can anyone give me tips on lowering the vibrations on the old dog is there any motormounts that would work with my 70cc motor? thanks zoomcatrotfl
did not check if any 1 has posted this but thick rubber tube the size of the motor mount and cut it in half. thats what i did works great !!

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
I had some pretty substantial vibration at higher rpm's,,I made a front mount out of an 1 1/2" muffler clamp and welded the BGF mounting bracket with three holes in it to the clamp.Had to drill the holes bigger,,but now she is perfectly straight and solid as a rock,,only vibrates a little at WOT,,I dont suggest riding WOT on these chinese motors for much longer than 30 seconds or so,,unless you have a smaller sprocket on back or pulling a grade.Bad motor mounting like drilling a hole in the frame=Vibration!

ProDigit

Mar 27, 2013
Miami, FL
Guys, quick question,

What would you say, if I'd put a silicone glue layer on top of the bar, where the mounts will be mounted?

A layer of Silicone glue, let it dry, and mount the engine?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Guys, quick question,

What would you say, if I'd put a silicone glue layer on top of the bar, where the mounts will be mounted?

A layer of Silicone glue, let it dry, and mount the engine?
ANYthing that has give in it like rubber or tape or ANYTHING soft will cause MORE vibration, not cure it.
Mount the engine SOLID and prevent failure.