resurrected schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

hcrft

Jan 4, 2013
NORTH CAROLINA
i posted a while back when i first dug my bike out from behind my rc planes after it sat for two years. its been running great. thought i had a clutch problem but it turned out to be the bevel gear and woodruf key. anyhooooooo, my CNS carb came in the mail today.i mounted it, took it for a spin, and set the idle. now i need advice on setting the fuel air mix. i know in principle what it does (rich/lean), but what should it be set at? what signs do i look for when setting it? there is a tuned pipe and shift kit for it in the near future, but for now i want this baby purring. crisp clean throttle response etc. also any recommendations on best spark plugs? and higher performance plug wire and how to change the wire . hellllpppppp

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
I like sick bike parts. They sell a bunch of different plugs. A lot of applications use the irridium plugs, and i have a B7ix irridium plug that has never given me problems. Also, SBP has a nice spark plug wire, its better in my opinion than teh stock, it sucks onto the plug making a firm connection. I would buy the plug wire and an iridium plug.