magneto powered lights

GoldenMotor.com

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I have a front and rear light on my bicycle powered with the white wire. I installed a toggle switch as well. Both lights work and do not stall the motor. my question is this, Does running lights off of the motor's electrical system do any harm to it? Should their be a resistor?

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It won't hurt a thing. You may experience a slight reduction in performance with the lights on, but that's the worst to expect.

jcvs

Nov 26, 2009
Virgina
I have a front and rear light on my bicycle powered with the white wire. I installed a toggle switch as well. Both lights work and do not stall the motor. my question is this, Does running lights off of the motor's electrical system do any harm to it? Should their be a resistor?
Go you have a diagram for the wiring ? Or description-just the white wire ? and what-A 12 volt light ?

Thanks

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Prolly just the white wire, I'm runnin' Norm's awesome head&taillight combo like that: http://motorbicycling.com/f23/lights-7306.html

Only "problem" I have is I need to rev it just a little at a stoplight or w/e, I could fix that by turnin' up my idle speed a hair... *shrug* honestly I never even think about it lol

Last edited: