inexpensive motorized bicycle work stand

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i just got this today from walmart.com http://www.walmart.com/ip/Folding-Bike-Stand/13012494. less then $20.00 shipped here and will only be around $18.00 to have shipped to store for you all that have access to a walmart. holds the bike a few inches off the ground so you can pedal it and work on brakes, gears whatever. i figured it would be a piece of junk or wouldnt be able to handle the weight of my electric bicycle but it does no problem. it should work just as well on a gas bike.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'd like to get one too. I've been wanting something to hold my bike for a quick repair, without having to clear off the whole table.

I don't recall ever seeing one on the shelf in a walmart before.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i ordered online they say you can order online and pick up at your local walmart it is simple and compact real happy with it

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
Paul, I have that exact rear kickstand and I love it. It's not quite sturdy enough to sit on, but plenty sturdy enough to kickstart from a stop. Especially if it's already warmed up. =) I haven't had any issues with it rattling, though. Perhaps an issue with the springs?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
This stand is pretty slick!
It's too bad they show it as out of stock at the moment.
For the price I don't think I could make one for any cheaper, most likely more.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That is a nice stand for the money. Like most racers (builders), you can make a stand like this for virtually nothing.....and you can adjust the height as well as sit on it with no prob.

dnut

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i used an old brake cable and made a stronger stand so i can choose how high i want the rear tire off the ground. with this little mod i can actually run the motor also and not worry about the tire touching the floor and doing a burn out in the extra bedroom i store and work on the bike. here is pictures. easier to describe with photos

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i modified the stand a little more. the other way i had it the cable slid around and was a bit of a pain. i drilled 2 small holes in each corner of the stand and ran old brake cables thru them then put cable stops on them. on the end i put a cable crimp so i don't worry about fraying. results are better then i imagined. i can put the bike on their and run it at full throttle or pedal and adjust the gears work on the brakes ect. i can do this with battery and all the accessories on the bike. weight is not a factor. it is amazingly stable.