gear puller clutch removal tool

GoldenMotor.com

Bernie

Jun 19, 2012
earth
What does these tools look like? I thought I could just call some stores to find one but nobody even know what I need including me. I cant find one in town and this motor tear down is stopped.

I need to remove the drive gear and the clutch and basically tear this down and then put it back together after I lube it.

Can somebody post me a pic of what I need as far as what these tools look like.

Or a link to a pic or video or anything. I have the link to norms post but that doesnt tell me what I need as far as what the tools look like.

I have most other tools do I need anything special while I am at it here.

tia

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The threads on your puller and the parts on your China that you want to disassemble are very fine thin threads where this tool goes.. So in short wanted to say be sure to fully thread the tool on when using it. If you have to, take a rag or a wire brush with brake cleaner or a similar solvent...clean those threads up and approach it right should not have any issues.

Bernie

Jun 19, 2012
earth
Both of my kits didnt have on in it.

Is this a tool you can locally. Either a auto or home store. We have a harbor freight here to I had called them but probably didnt say what I needed right idk. I will have to print off a picture of it and take it and hunt one down. I know the motorcycle store would have one but they are not open again till Monday and I wanted to have this together by then.

I have it all apart up till we didnt have the tool to use. Had absolutely no lube on anything in it that I noticed except for the piston. Paint chips and dirt on the inside of it. Pulled all of my studs and they all were filled with shavings. And that flat head screw on the small gear came off with my fingers. Wasnt even tight at all.

Thanks for the replies by the way

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The puller is a specialized tool for the Chinese bike engines that
you will not find where you are looking. Only sold by kit sellers.

You are wasting your time looking at auto or home store, harbor freight
or a motorcycle store.

I have a whole box of them, I may give them out as prizes at the races. :D

Both of my kits didnt have on in it.

Is this a tool you can locally. Either a auto or home store. We have a harbor freight here to I had called them but probably didnt say what I needed right idk. I will have to print off a picture of it and take it and hunt one down. I know the motorcycle store would have one but they are not open again till Monday and I wanted to have this together by then.

I have it all apart up till we didnt have the tool to use. Had absolutely no lube on anything in it that I noticed except for the piston. Paint chips and dirt on the inside of it. Pulled all of my studs and they all were filled with shavings. And that flat head screw on the small gear came off with my fingers. Wasnt even tight at all.

Thanks for the replies by the way

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The big end of the puller is the same as a bicycle crank arm puller pretty sure? can't remember? Naw that small end looks like the crank arm size. Have not messed with a China in a long time. The small end would be for the output chain cog sprocket. Which if very careful and ''evenly'' pried might just pop off? I would not pry on the clutch..

You will need to order that puller!

Last edited:

Bernie

Jun 19, 2012
earth
Thanks for telling me I am not going to find it saved me alot of time.

Anybody know the thread pitch and dia. for the two gears? I will make one if I can find a piece of pipe to screw onto the wheel. Call the one guy and bother him with it that might have it. Or wait till monday and go to the motorcyle shop where I bought these kits and get them to do it. Big shop I know they have it. Or go to a small engine shop and slip the guy some cash to pop it off.

Bernie

Jun 19, 2012
earth
Well I was just reading that thread and doing a step at a time to take down this engine. Been working on this. Milled my intake and exhaust, a little port and polish better than factory at least. Milled my head, jug and covers. Then I read some more of the tear down thread I am reading and I get to the part where you can tap out the whole shaft, we tried to tap it out earlier but I didnt hit it hard because I thought there may have been something inside to stop it but we wanted to try it. This time I hit it hard enough to get it out.

Glad I decided to tear this thing down.

I had a hard spot turning it by hand before, thought it was just the gears hadnt gotten worked in since it is new. There was a tight spot. Turns out one side of one of the bearing is caved in when it was installed.