Another New Guy

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.GhettoRig

Mar 25, 2012
Port Charlotte
I'm new to this forum but not exactly new to the hobby. My minibike is what mainly got me into small engines and bikes, it's a 1970 Rupp with a 5hp Briggs.

Ive only had one motorized bicycle and it used a 25cc homelite engine that had a craftsman socket spindle for friction drive. it was a pain to keep running right (mainly because everything on it was rigged to work)but fun to ride when it did. After a while though it got irritating and I took it apart.

my current project right now is a motorized bicycle that ISNT going to be rigged together, using a 99cc Predator engine I scored from eBay.. ill start a project log right after I post this.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You will probably enjoy seeing what other non-kit builders are putting together. Check out our DIY section.
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
The homelite FD looks dandy, MGR!

Sry to hear u took it apart!

Plenty of top notch advice on keeping them running well here on the forum.

Best
rc

Mr.GhettoRig

Mar 25, 2012
Port Charlotte
The homelite FD looks dandy, MGR!

Sry to hear u took it apart!

Plenty of top notch advice on keeping them running well here on the forum.

Best
rc
looks nice but did not run nice in ANY way. first of all the case was off, the airflow on the cylinder was bad and it overheated constantly. also everything was bolt on. so the slightest bit of looseness made it run like junk.

It was so hard to maintain too, it required hours of tuning for 30 minutes smooth running (went about 25-30 when it ran right).

my throttle cable was bolted to a piece of nylon string. when that snapped so did I and I parted the bike to rebuild another bmx and both my homelites are in a cardboard box out back.

thanks for the comments.