Cruiser / street racers

GoldenMotor.com

Billy Thunder

Jul 8, 2010
B.C. Canada
Thanks! The black one is a new bike w/ a new motor. The white one is a rebuild of the bike I used last season with an old, but great running motor installed for this year. I started riding them a week ago and there was still some ice and snow on the roads, but now we have dry, if not clean pavement here.
It took a couple days to get the bugs worked out of the bikes - an air leak at the intake manifold was located and fixed. The fuel filter from the new kit was junk from new. Second one I've had leak right out of the box. I'm running some rich mix in the new motor now, but can't wait to get a tank of Opti2 in there and get it tuned up.
The white bike will soon have a 36 tooth sprocket installed.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
What'd you make them thar nifty lil lights y'all got on them thar bikes?
...a brass pot? ...I made one out of a dollar store brass-a-like clock, but I'm always looking for new material sources!

Billy Thunder

Jul 8, 2010
B.C. Canada
Yes... they have headlights made from thrift store flower pots with 6v guts inside. They operate off the 'white wire' for a no-battery installation. For safety's sake they have no 'on-off' switch, so are on at all times when the motor is running. It really helps to keep those cars from pulling out in front of you, as the first impression when a driver sees it is 'motorcycle'.
The white racer really gets noticed, even in a crowd of similiar bikes. People get a kick out of the retro look. I've made a few changes since the pics. The extended steering stem had to go, as the steering was way too flighty, and it received a 36t rear sprocket. I like the new sprocket.

Thanks to all the nice compliments!