A tripback in time

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Thursday, I took friends from Colorado out to the Barber Museum. I know that most will never see it, but some have. The museum is located in Leeds, Alabama, about 30 miles north of where I live. This is the LARGEST collection of motorcycles/motorized bikes in the world. On display, there are approximately 1/2 of Mr. Barbers collection, the other 1/2 were loaned out for display. Many of the race cars were driven by Mr. Barber in competition. Mr.Barber owns a milk processing plant (Barber's Milk), by way the best milk on the market here. What you will see in the pictures are only a small percentage of bikes, mainly like our motorized bikes (peddle start). Total collection exceeds 1,200 displays.

Once at my photobucket page, http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Barber Motorsports/ look above the first picture an click "View All"

Thank you for taking the time to look, and enjoy. There is no copywriter, pass them on as you like.

Barber : Home

Last edited:

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
and its amazing that 100 years later we are doing the same thing ..... except with lesser quality steel and parts ..... lol

Great post !

I bet those dreamers , tinkerers and builders would be rolling over in their graves if they knew that 100yrs later in America we can't make parts .....