where is everyone?

GoldenMotor.com

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Hi guys I have a question,Where are all the motorized bike riders? I live in Fairfield,california population around 125,000,and alot of people here ride bikes,but I've been riding my 80cc bike around for the last few months and I have not seen one other person with a motorized bike,whats the deal? is it just my city or are we just a few proud group of people.how is it where you live.Randy

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
here the only other person who had a motor bike was my friend brad, but he sold his before i built mine, but ive had my bike for one day and allready 5 people on the street asked me were i got it and were they can get one, so that gives me hope of having some one to putter around with

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
I live in suttons bay michigan, and the only other bike around my town is the one we built for my buddy. We have had people come up to us and ask questions, and say i gotta make me one, so im hoping more to come. Traverse city is about 40 miles from here, and when i have been there i saw a couple diff ones, but was in a car. That is what made me get one, cause i saw a guy pedal across the road then all of a sudden i heard a zoom, and he was gone, i came right home and started to google it. Next summer when the weather gets nicer, and the bikes are good to go i paln to ride up there alot, and hopefully run into one of the gutys with a motor. It would be nice to talk to someone in the area about theese things

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
I see its pretty much the same everywhere,I'm thinking of building my brother one so at least I have someone to cruise around with.oh and i also get alot of people asking me about my bike,did I build it,ect so I guess theirs some hope that these will catch on here.till then I'll be repin motorized bicycles alone in my town,well thanks alot guys for your replies.Randy

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Its funny that it is exactly the same in every part of the country. When people see you on your MB they are enamored with it! They ask where you got it, and say they have to get one! Then when you tell them you can build them one, it's a whole different story. They have every excuse in the world why they can't buy one from you. What's up with that!
The only ones around here are the ones I have built, and I live in a metropolitan area of over 500,000 people.

John

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
I live in Cambridge Ontario Canada and my city has about 50 or so, people riding around. I see them everywhere, there is one group, that goes out almost everyday about 8-10 of them flying around the streets. I guess i'm lucky up here.
Thanks

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I know of 10 in my small town , where I live at. I seldom
see them on their mb bikes. They say that they go to their
garage to tinker around with their bikes to get away for a
while from their o'lady but their o'lady has the final say to
when they can go out and ride.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Tucson Az is where its at, to many to count, i cant go any where through town and not see a mtr bike

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Tucson Az is where its at, to many to count, i cant go any where through town and not see a mtr bike
I saw four this morning, one going west on grant and one going east, both at grant & I-10 at the same time. And saw another one just a few minutes later going south on silverbell. Then saw another one going east on St. Mary's. If you add me and my buddy thats six all in the same area.

Ride on Tucsonans .wee.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I've been thru 48 states and even Az and Ca a lot and never seen even 1 of these things. It's hard not to notice a bicycle goin this fast. I got to believe they are becoming more popular now since I haven't been truckin in a year or so now. It's kinda like windmills they are all over the place now.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I delivered to every Pep Boys in Tuscon as well as most of the rest of them in Az. I woulda expected to see MB in Nogales or near Ft. Hachuka. I always spent the night there as well before doing deliveries the next day. Glad to hear they are popular there now.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I saw one in Nogales a while back about a year ago and the guy was hulling a trailer with a goat in it. At first I was not sure if what I thought I saw was really what I saw. I had to do a double look just to be sure.

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
OK OK the Loner in me respect the See one want one in every kids eye as I visit a Farmers Market or take one to work. I tell every body the fact that I no longer own a car
I wet to Hollywood two days ago and met up with a bg bad bouncer whom I let ride my E Zip some 8 months ago. He asked if he can buy it. three easy payments of a Hundred bucks
Sure I said My bedroom slash parking lot is filling up with this RAW dial a ride
In the 18 months of moter I had not once seen anyone in a city of 3 million
so lets just see the AWE in the ladies EYEs as we Wow their young sonszpt

Last edited:

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
ridgway colorado here poulation about 850, i know of 2 other guys here that have traction bikes i do see poeple in durango but i am getting more inquierys every time i ride am gomnna start some advertising and try and sell these critters have 3 built and plan on at least 5 more just waiting on that severance check to order some kits, any of you dealers work with me on purchase of say 5 grubbe 66cc ?kits couild really use a break, thanks frank