for sale: one slightly cracked 60's Rollfast Frame...

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
went out to the garage to look at my bike a few minutes ago (not 'cause i'm a bike perv or anything, i was just thinking up some new mods,) and i noticed the paint cracking around the top tubes (rollfasts are kinda anti-schwinn, they have two top tubes and one middle tube.) turns out, both top tubes are cracked, all the way around. yay!

i was wondering why it was vibrating so much today.

guess it's back to pedaling until my top secret, hand built, custom frames are done...

Attachments

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
if by fix it, you mean "throw it in the trash," then, yeah.

the tubes broke, not the welds, so i wouldn't trust re-welding it.

it cost me 40 bucks, and i got a few months of motor-biking out of it, so it was worth it.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hey Baird, why not braze the tubes, and then braze in a gusset, and there you go!

Mike

BTW is Baird your last name? My Grandmother from Escondido CA was a Baird, know anyone there?

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
my first name's baird.

i could fix the frame, but it's not really worth it to me. it was pretty much a piece of junk when i bought it. i just needed something for my first build, to see if this motor bike "fad" was something i wanted to stick with...

now that i'm hooked, i just might be in the process of building custom cruiser frames and forks, the likes of which has never graced this industry before...

stay tuned...