jackshaft kit

GoldenMotor.com

DaveM

Aug 22, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
SBP's jack shaft kit is money well spent! Take the time to read the instructions properly and it will go together very easily. It's fantastic to be able to change gears, cruise at low revs, take off on hills and accelerate down hills! I was at my local bike shop talking about my MB and the owner was saying he saw a MB that can keep up with the traffic it was going so well. I asked him where he saw the MB, it was not far from my home turns out it was my bike, oops. I now keep a lower profile but my MB goes hard thanks to SBP's!
Check my bike out but I am going to rebuild it, I have some new ideas from looking at other bikes.

Attachments

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
When you start shifting gears and getting 40mph+ speeds good brakes are a must. I just bought a F&R disc brake set with 203mm discs off e-bay. Those discs make the standard 160's look tiny.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The larger 203mm's are my favorite great stopping power! Those are pretty much all I will ever use. The Avid BB7 mechanicals stop on a dime. I have used those for years now. Never had a prob with them. The J kit is nice because it will free up that side.

DaveM

Aug 22, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
I am also using sintered pads (semi metallic) but they are harder on the discs, the original organic pads do not compare with these. I can grab a hand full of brakes at speed and my MB pulls up fast and straight, I just love the discs!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I don't know what kinds of pads I got on my 203mm set ups, Hayes and Avid I just used what they came with and I never tore any thing up. I never do any maintenance to them or any thing at all really. I am & have been very hard them looking for their limits too! I have glazed the rotors before [heat wise extremely completely ridiculous breaking always stopping on a dime] but a few normal stops and there was no way to tell I did anything at all to them.