highe revs at idle with tuned pipe, why>?

GoldenMotor.com

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
did you try the idle screw if you did try raising the c-clip in your carb up one to give the motor less fuel you might be running rich now also check to mack sure you have no air leaks where the carb hooks up and where it mounts to the motor.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
If Reg454 and Bikeguy's stuff didn't help (esp. backing out the idle screw) grab the cable housing where it goes into the top of the carb and pull up. You can feel the carb slide go up and down. Now when it hits the bottom is there any slack in the cable? You should be able to move the housing up and down about an 1/8" before you move the slide. I had to back my idle off too when I put my pipe on. It's making the flow a ton better. Your old exhaust was restricting and slowing the idle.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
If it's revving up, it's more than likely too LEAN not too rich. Try moving the clip DOWN.
Dosen't the mixture of the fuel get richer when you put a pipe on because some of the fuel that is being discarded(2 stroke) gets put back into the motor because of the physics of the way the pipe is ?