bog down at top speed

GoldenMotor.com

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Well, I knew it was because I was running to rich. I ran WOT with the bogging for a while and cut the engine. The plug was so oily it was almost fouled.
Pretty easy to find out of you are bogging rich or lean, and if people started posting that up, it may be easier to find the solution.

bigdreamz2000

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan
Chrisme, glad you found your silver bullet. I found mine last night and it was not the choke lever. Mine was the clutch needing grease and adjustment. It was in such need of a tightning that the big gear was loose and was vibrating the engine at high RPMs almost to a stall. I got to that conclusion after my thicker rubber mounts helped vibration at low RPMs but not high RPMs. To tighten the clutch, I loosened the set screw and took needle nose pliers and turned the big nut in the middle two grooves, then tightened my set screw. I'm not sure if this is correct proceedure but it worked well. I have to give credit to those that have gotten to 8,000 miles on their motors, I'm at 100 and it has been a challenge.