Dax GenIV balanced bottom issues and questions

GoldenMotor.com

TwistedAlloy68

Jul 28, 2013
Bellingham WA
There is no replacement for the quality the extra money can buy you. Yes you can build a Dax bottom end and rev it to the moon but you will never get the miles out of it as a professionally balanced and trued motor. It might not be faster but it will be more powerful and last longer, the extra money also buys a piece of mind.

I have run the Dax bottom end and was not impressed, maybe you got one and it was some how different and ran better but mine was slow and vibrated badly.

I tried a few of the stock bottoms and it wasn't at the level I wanted it to be, this is only my opinion, if you dont want the best dont buy it. For me it wasnt a question.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
There is no replacement for the quality the extra money can buy you. Yes you can build a Dax bottom end and rev it to the moon but you will never get the miles out of it as a professionally balanced and trued motor. It might not be faster but it will be more powerful and last longer, the extra money also buys a piece of mind.

I have run the Dax bottom end and was not impressed, maybe you got one and it was some how different and ran better but mine was slow and vibrated badly.

I tried a few of the stock bottoms and it wasn't at the level I wanted it to be, this is only my opinion, if you dont want the best dont buy it. For me it wasnt a question.
I have no problem with what anyone buys, we can all spend our money anyway we wish, my statements are also based on my opinions and experience, I agree that the better the engine is balanced the better it will run overall and it should last longer if all things are equal otherwise, my personal issue is the super inflated cost of getting a balance assembly which although nice is still just a cheap china girl engine.

If someone like Fred or whomever wa offering a lower with a balance crank and high grade bearings for $180-$200 that people like myself could purchase and then build on like thay wanted it to be, that might be something I would consider since I can do all the other work I would want for the engine myself, but $600-$800 for a China Girl even with all the other bling parts is just way to much in my opinion even though I can afford to buy them if I wanted.

as with any china girl engine they are always a crap shoot, and maybe I have been fortunate to get the better balanced ones so far, and maybe you got a lemon which is not uncommon with any of them really, it is a matter of what someone likes and wants and I am in no means hating on the Feed engine or the Arrow engines, they have done their home work and have made some nice advances in the engines for sure, I just cant seem to justify the high price for $20 worth of better bearings and a couple hours machine work.

Just my own thinking and not be negative toward anyone or the product itself, when I can but 10 Gen IV lowers for what the one engine cost I think I'll just keep on running the Gen IV or Gen V lowers and keep building them to cruise nicely in the low to mid 40 MPH range and fix or replace when they crap out..LOL...!

And by the way my fastest dax Gen IV build started acting up on me the other day and now I will be taring it down to see why I developed about a 1/4" end play in the crankshaft, it still runs but I think I may have a bearing issue and because of it damaged a seal and have a bit of an air leak which was causing the engine to loose power on the lower rpms, but if I cant simply fix it, I'll just slap all my top end parts on another $69 lower and be good to go again..LOL!

No offense intended here TwistedAlloy68 just chewing the fat with you on the subject and I respect your opinion on the matter by the way, it is after all just a matter of what someone wants and how much they're willing to spend on it.

Peace, map.bf.

Last edited: