Help on Whizzer Restoration

GoldenMotor.com

Drlundin

Jul 9, 2012
washington state
Hi All, I'm restoring a whizzer. Started this project 10 years ago and now finishing this summer. Motor is a complete rebuild model H by reputable well known whizzer whiz. Frame is Schwinn Black Phantom. I have this thing all together now but for the life of me I can't start it. I had it started a couple of days ago but it was running terrible. At the time, I think the belts were slipping badly and the rear wheel belt was rubbing against the frame. Additionally, the carb was leaking all over. I took apart the carb (first alert of potential problem here!) and blew everything out with air, tightened it up and put it back together after turning the adjustment back 3/4 turn on the bottom of the carb as the book says. Not getting fuel. If I blow a bit of quick start through the air intake, it fires and then stops.

I could use some ideas or some further details of the carb to make sure no parts dropped out (is the float fussy?).

What I could REALLY use is somebody local to look at it. Is there anybody near Kirkland, Washington area? Thanks. David Lundin [email protected] or 425 533 6006

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi All, I'm restoring a whizzer. Started this project 10 years ago and now finishing this summer. Motor is a complete rebuild model H by reputable well known whizzer whiz. Frame is Schwinn Black Phantom. I have this thing all together now but for the life of me I can't start it. I had it started a couple of days ago but it was running terrible. At the time, I think the belts were slipping badly and the rear wheel belt was rubbing against the frame. Additionally, the carb was leaking all over. I took apart the carb (first alert of potential problem here!) and blew everything out with air, tightened it up and put it back together after turning the adjustment back 3/4 turn on the bottom of the carb as the book says. Not getting fuel. If I blow a bit of quick start through the air intake, it fires and then stops.

I could use some ideas or some further details of the carb to make sure no parts dropped out (is the float fussy?).

What I could REALLY use is somebody local to look at it. Is there anybody near Kirkland, Washington area? Thanks. David Lundin [email protected] or 425 533 6006
Sounds like your carb is still plugged,maybe let it soak in carb cleaner will open her up. You can contact www.westcoatwhizzer.com for whizzer guys in your neck of the woods. When you get a chance post pics of your progress.

Ray

Drlundin

Jul 9, 2012
washington state
Appreciate the response. I took the entire carb apart and made sure it was cleared out and then put back together. Is there one area in partciular that it may be plugged that I could be missing? Is there sensitivity in the float setting? Many Thanks.

cetar

Jun 15, 2010
atl. ga
get a kit from dennis carpenter, most likely lost main jet nozzle gasket. clinton engine forum got a diagram o tilliston carb