New old guy from Wisconsin

GoldenMotor.com

fuzzball

Sep 5, 2009
Eagle River, Wisc.
Hello, I grew up back in the 50's when the top dog was the Schwinn Roadmaster. I never had one back then, but in the 80's they came out with a Taiwan re-make, the 6100 model so I bought one. They looked the same, you know, the teardrop chrome tank, fat whitewalls, single spring girder type front suspension, buddy seat on the rear fender, it was all there. the horn was just a fake button, not a real battery operated horn like the originals. I rode it some, but it ended up hanging up in the garage rafters all those years until this summer. I saw this guy riding a bike that looked like it had a little engine in it. I chased him down and he explained he had made it himself from a kit he'd ordered. He turned me onto this site, where he said everything I'd need to do would be explained in detail and he was right! A week later my boygofast box arrived, and while I waited for the Creative Engineering hub adapter and sprocket, there was time to do a fun project! Jim's products make for a hassle-free, dependable build. I'd recommend them for any first timer like myself. Thanks to all for the many informative posts, photos, and diagrams. It's only 27 degrees and snowing up here today, so it doesn't look like I'll get to run the "break-in" tank thru it yet this fall. What a stroke of luck to see that guy this summer. I'm having a great time tinkering, and riding. Got some questions about the clutch system, but will go to troubleshooting with that.
Later, Mike

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm glad you found this addicti... erm... hobby, yeah - it's a shame that the riding season is almost "over" :( Where is this wonderful "global warming" they keep promising anyway? o_O

Lookin' forward to some pics, sounds like ya got yerself quite the ride! Welcome to the place :)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Welcome, How about a pic.
In the fifties I wanted a roadmaster also, but had to settle for building a bike from the town dump and Western auto parts(it was fun and still is!)

fuzzball

Sep 5, 2009
Eagle River, Wisc.
I will get one up. I don't have much in the way of camera savy, but my wife does. As soon as we get some better weather she will work on it. I suppose I could bring the bike inside tho, mabye after church