Tough Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
hey guys im having problems with my clutch being tight and its making my hand & wrist hurt. i have tried grinding my clutch pin and even sprayed wd-40 through all the cables and it has made it easierbut its still pretty tough. someone told me try using a grip-shifter from a mountain bick but i dont wanna change my grips. does anyone know any other ways to make the clutch movement easier.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Make sure there aren't any "kinks" or heavy bends in the cable!
Look at my website & look at how I have my clutch cables...

If it's still really hard to pull the lever, take off the right side cover & loosen the center "star" nut a click or two. (NOT A FULL TURN OR TWO!!!) Make sure you put the tiny set screw back in when you are done!!!

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
yeah i made sure i didnt havee any sharp bends, and as for kinks, i had to replace the cable because the first day the handle end of the sheathing kinked and crushed inthe the pressure and shredded the wire. its gotten a lot easier today though after i spayed wd-40 in the sheathe and in the pin that the clutch arm is bolted to.

radrob

May 2, 2009
Tacoma Washington
mine was tight also.tight from the begining. so tight it pulled the guts out of the plastic housing.
bad cable. replaced it and its super soft now.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
That's true HoughMade, though good for cleaning WD40 is pretty much crap at everything else it claims to do - even PB Blaster is much better as a penetrating oil & light lube.

I think the only reason anyone still buys it is cause of the name, like Band-Aid instead of "adhesive bandage"

I suppose you may have noticed I hate WD40 :p

*wanders off*