Hello from Downtown LA

GoldenMotor.com

MachoMouse

Aug 31, 2008
Hi,
I'm in downtown LA and have a Dax 80 2-stroke on my Dyno beach cruiser...it's got a few little custom details like the gas tank and exhaust...I'm certainly no mechanic, just a tinkerer who likes to make his wife mad with dirty rags and living room that smells like gas....I'm on my second engine...the first falling victim to a shattered wrist pin bearing that made a mess of my head...my new head was running very strong, but has recently started making a grinding noise, so it's been shelved til this weekend when i can pull the head off and dig around...I'll be searching the posts and posting questions asap because I'm dying to get back on the road...LA is nice and flat and now has lots of foot traffic, so lots of heads to turn!
anyways..glad to be a part of your community, I hope I can contribute as much info as I take...
-Jason
(MachoMouse)

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum Jason, glad you joined us.

LOL, that pic looks familiar, hmmmm............. That would not happen to be on Flicker would it?

Very cool pic, love it! dnut

MachoMouse

Aug 31, 2008
Hi!..yes it is on flickr..taken by Will of Good Magazine...he took a bunch, but that's my favorite by far...are you in LA?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hi!..yes it is on flickr..taken by Will of Good Magazine...he took a bunch, but that's my favorite by far...are you in LA?
No I am in Tucson,Az. I was searching motorized bikes one time on flicker and I think thats were I saw it. I remember thinking " What a cool photo "

rslavicek

Apr 24, 2009
San Diego
Welcome to the form. The bike looks great. I'm from just down the road in San Diego and waiting for my first kit to arrive. I tried to untangle Californias laws on motor bikes and then gave up. Have you had any problems with LA's finest?

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Been riding all over LA and have gotten pulled over only for cop to check out the bike and ask how to get one. there is really nothing to untangle, need M2 endorsement on license thats it ! But actually 95% of cops don't know this so even without that mostly ok. all the people who sell bikes and motors on ebay or craigslist are misinformed or lying just to sell product when they say no license required in California.