what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
MY last build,china girl 66 cc, never ran good from the start,you know how they are a crap shoot.well anyway i tried everything i know to remedy the issue,bogging something awfull from the day i bought it,checked for air leaks,none found,swaped carbs no change,swaped coil, no change.so today i took off the head and cylinder,all looked good.had some blow bon piston below rings so i investigated further,found lower ring had no alinghment pin allowing ring to rotate on the piston.swaped cylinder that i ported and polished,replaced piston with one i skirted,new rings,put it back together and it runs better than it ever did.it is on a genesis onyx with custon tank and exhaust all black bike,i
call her my black widow

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
MY last build,china girl 66 cc, never ran good from the start,you know how they are a crap shoot.well anyway i tried everything i know to remedy the issue,bogging something awfull from the day i bought it,checked for air leaks,none found,swaped carbs no change,swaped coil, no change.so today i took off the head and cylinder,all looked good.had some blow bon piston below rings so i investigated further,found lower ring had no alinghment pin allowing ring to rotate on the piston.swaped cylinder that i ported and polished,replaced piston with one i skirted,new rings,put it back together and it runs better than it ever did.it is on a genesis onyx with custon tank and exhaust all black bike,i
call her my black widow
Awesome Waldo. Good job!

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I looked at my Dyno in the garage then peeked at the outside temperature negative -32. Yeah the garage is probably a little chilly. Lol.

Dan.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I went to work so can spend more money on both of them.
Its a lonnngggg journey to get to work all the way across the shop / bike cave / apartment/love palace. LMAO
dance1

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Took it for a spin or two today after doing some engine mount work. Reduced vibrations a bit, but may redo the rear mount once I've put some more kms on it. Apart from that I reckon it's about ready for the big paint job. Here's a before shot of said paint job.

Attachments

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Got it from Rocksolid, down here in Australia. They have an ad to click on in the border of this forum.
It's an MSD boot and lead.
They're going to update the site soon , but there's a few small links to their products range.

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Hadda pull up the clutch cable I replaced recently, now stretched-
did my usual coffee thing and then took the long way home, cruisin the sights in 80 degree weather. About 7 or 8 miles. Ran like a top!

Walking around in the middle of the night last night in shirtsleaves cause I couldn't sleep-

while 3/4 of America is frozen up. Crazy life, crazy world.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I made some progress on two builds I am working on. All the little details seem to take for ever but they will get done. Chit I even make my own detailed washers. Going crazy the slow way.

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Wow, CCC! Beautiful craftsmanship there!
Are those welds TIG or MIG? They look awesome. Did you make all the flanges and bends yourself or was it a kit?
Detailed washers are a must sometimes. I sooo need to get myself a lathe. Using a drill motor clamped in a vice and abusing my drill press is getting old.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I Helped a guy I've only I met once before very briefly with some left over parts from a kit for his M/B.
I met this guy several month's ago when I spotted him riding a Nice Nirve John Deere with motor, flagged this guy down and he stopped to show me his bike we talked for about 15 min exchange contact #'s and didn't hear from this guy until week before last when he explained that he was in need of a CDI, Plug Wire, Plug, Magneto, some gaskets and small connecting harnesses' with some heat shrink so through several hit and miss calls we finally connected today, told the guy where I lived and when he got there his face looked like he got stuck in a meat grinder as did the bike too stopping it with is front foot on the front tire, we shook hands introduced our self's then he explained his precarious living arrangements at a half way house and apologized for his appearance after talking to the guy for a while longer I decide not to take his last $$'s and only took $5.oo and handed the rest back and off he went.

His girlfriend just called and asked if he had made it here as he hasn't yet returned and she was worried, I hope the guy is ok? looking at his face kinda made me feel like my pain from surgery is NOTHING compared to his.