I Sold My Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I sold my bike today to a registered nurse from Tempe: I told him to join this forum and take care of my "Baby". He really, really wanted it, and I sure do know how that feels.

NEW BIKE TIME! Oh yeah.... So I was looking at bikes, and I wanted a 7-speed. Schwinn has one for sale at Target so I went there. I was told that there were many in the back with repair tags on them; that really turned me off to the Schwinn thing (Pacific cycles, also owns Mongoose and Murray). Just seems too cheap & generic.

I went with a Firmstrong Urban 7 speed, and a BGF engine. I have about three feet of 6mm threaded rod (the strongest copper state had) and there's a small engine repair shop that I will take the engine to to have it ported and polished, with the timing advanced and whatever else they can do to it (bearings)?

After I break this one in, I will probably go with a shifter kit from Pablo. I like dealing with those guys and they get you your stuff so FAST!

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Yup! The Classic Black is Back! (Better, stronger, faster). I also bought a dual brake lever. After a shift kit and some accessories, this should be a $700 bike!

Sure, I bought a BGF, but I plan on upgrading anyway; ( the me wanting to be Chris Hill thing).rotfl