MTB turned angular Cruiser/Chopper?

GoldenMotor.com

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Started on my HF build today and just spent a few minutes trying to picture what I want it to look like. I'm not sure what you'd call it. It will be minimalistic, angular, not all about style without purpose, and comfy(relatively) at the same time.

Frankencruiser, I guess is what I'll call it.

What I started with, only mine was/is black. I like black. :)

The plan so far. The seat is already that low or close. Hard to know as I used a generic Google pic for these images. Keeping with 26" wheels, but upgraded ones and the fork will be custom(or that's the plan ATM)

Real pics of progress when I get some. The crude line art is just to see what angles I want, but if you have an imagination it's something.

EDIT: The dark circle shows the pedal circle if you were wondering.

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Not much but it's all I've got for the moment. Seat lowered a LOT, and top legs?(I don't know terminology well) of the rear triangle bent down a lot too. Also stripped all the excess stuff off of it. Might end up stretching the front half more than the concept showed. Don't know yet.

Anyway, how it sits. I work slow. Lots of staring and thinking. Oh, and the seat is just for mockup.

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Hmm. I'd never seen that bike before. Does look very similar.

Engine will probably be a very tight squeeze, though that is why I put the little "flat" extension into it. Should just fit, and I'll stretch it more if needed.

Got the tires and tubes, and the wheels should be in in a day. Hopefully the frame will be near done by then. It won't stop raining here and I have to work outside. No garage sadly. I'd rather not weld in the rain.