The As Promised Picture

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
OK so here it is. Thanks to Baird, who was able to sort out the clutch in about a few minutes. It still needs some sorting out and some cleaning up. I had to replace the seat, that one would not stay tight (kinda scary). I have some re-routing of wires to do and some cable running. I did get the kill switc working, had to tighten the kick stand. If I do get it all sorted out I do another build of an antique/classic look. The motor runs a little rough and the ergonomics are poor and the clutch is still dragging way too much but it is at least running.

Jim Cdance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I don't get it. One photo shows a 2 stroke, the other a 4 stroke. Which one are we supposed to be looking at and which one are you talking about?
Tom

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I don't get it. One photo shows a 2 stroke, the other a 4 stroke. Which one are we supposed to be looking at and which one are you talking about?
Tom
Sorry Tom, I was just filling in some visualization while Jim C gets his pics uploaded....that's all. So feast your eyes on some Chinese junk I built for myself....2 & 4-stroke...you're supposed to be looking at bothlaff and talking about neither.

cheers!

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
It's the new 6 stroke motor. The best of a 2 and a 4 stroke, depending on how you look at it. :D

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I did a bit of Googling and Aha! from Wikipedia:

"The six-stroke engine is a type of internal combustion engine based on the four-stroke engine, but with additional complexity to make it more efficient and reduce emissions. Two different types of six-stroke engine have been developed since the 1990s:

In the first approach, the engine captures the heat lost from the four-stroke Otto cycle or Diesel cycle and uses it to power an additional power and exhaust stroke of the piston in the same cylinder. Designs use either steam or air as the working fluid for the additional power stroke.[1] The pistons in this type of six-stroke engine go up and down three times for each injection of fuel. There are two power strokes: one with fuel, the other with steam or air. The currently notable designs in this class are the Crower six-stroke engine, invented by Bruce Crower of the U.S. ; the Bajulaz engine by the Bajulaz S.A. company of Switzerland; and the Velozeta Six-stroke engine built by the College of Engineering, at Trivandrum in India."
dance1

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
Well I got the picture small enough to be accepted - At least I think I did. I have been this far before & the picture went into cyberspace.

I do still have some work to do on the bike. Basicly just cosmetic stuff to make ot look better. It runs OK it feels a little sluggish on take off but has plenty of top speed. The big cushey seat I have on it is comfortable. I have not ridden it much yet. I am still cautious of the police. The clutch is still hard to pull in & cold starting drill is not fully down yet.

I have been told by a couple of people the bike looks good. I live in an over 55 gated community and all the old guys in here seem to like it. ( over 55 is age not MPH).

Jim Cdance1

Attachments

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
Answer to a couple of your questions
The rack on the back is for a battery pack. I had an electric motor on this bike for a while
The Miata is mine I have no wife.
pino.I did restore the Miata from a wreck. It is blue and has silver racing stripes so the color is close to the bikes. I have installed a roll bar, kick ass Sony stero with infinity speakers and a hard wired XM radio, restored the leather, tweaked the engine just a bit, tweaked the suspension just a bit, mounted some very sticky Bridgstone rubber. I think this is a way cool car.
The bike is coming along I got a weird thing going on with the speedo, it works untill I start the bike then it quits. I have to go through the whole resetting procedure then it quits again very strange. I think I need a speedo.

Jim C