100:1 Mix

GoldenMotor.com

restapukin

Jul 22, 2009
australia
as i understand it, opti-2 is deliberately made with base stock that has no chance whatsoever of protecting a 2-stroke against metal to metal contact!

they do it deliberately!

then they grin and mock you to your face an come with this excuse

that this new technology makes your engine stop wearing things smoother

they say they got this stuff that simply works by shoving things smoother like chocolate ice-cream instead of having to wear the rough bits away to smooth things out... like two pieces of burnt toast

they say they dont give a rat's if you understand how your engine lasts longer with opti-2 or not

sounds fair to me. I can understand that.

Last edited by a moderator:

restapukin

Jul 22, 2009
australia
i can't tell when the transition from oil jaw to oil war occurs....

"it is better to jaw-jaw than to war-war" - Winston Churchill (WW2 UK Prime Minister)

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
"I asked a pet. engineer about the 2 cycle oil recently, and was told that all 2 cycle oil is now made by one mfg. So paying a lot of money for 2 cycle oil is unnecessary. Hope this helps."

from another forum.. who knows.

restapukin

Jul 22, 2009
australia
I asked a pet engineer if I was good-looking and she gave me CONCRETE ASSURANCE that the affirmative applied

at last something you can trust from noobtard

who needs book-larnin' noobtard, yer damn' right

all this book larnin' aint worth a pinch of salt compared to the true STREET CRED of the noobtards of this world

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I use a synthetic not opti-2 I don't recall what I've been using I bought it once and I'm almost out but it is amazing. I have checked by piston before and after, any carbon deposits are gone and the entire chamber and piston looks newly polished. Compression is great and it runs like the wind and gets me there quick. It is formulated for all high performance 2 strokes. I won't run it during break in because then it would always need broke in because this stuff is slicker than greased pig ****e in a nonstick skillet and it would never wear.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Just ordered up 12 12ounce bottles of Amsoil Dominator. For my Morini...I hope it works well with the ethanol laced fuel here?Gonna use high octain at the pump..

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Honestly high octane fuel does nothing (other then empty your wallet faster) unless your engine is designed for it and very few truly are. Unless you're getting detonation (pinging) higher octane gas has no effect on how well or fast an engine runs.

I have to chuckle at the number of people I see putting premium into their cars and they really think their car runs better or has more power because of it.

af0h

Aug 15, 2009
Park Hills, MO
Well, curiosity got the best of me. I've got a couple of pouches of Opti-2 and going to try some this weekend - for better or worse. From the local dealer I learned that they have a contract with the State of Missouri for this stuff (Opti-2 and Opti-4) - they use it in everything (small engines) and have for several years now.

Must be something to it - will report back soon.

af0h - Rob

P.S. - will be using it in a Stinger 66cc HT at 650-miles.

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
Well, it does add tons more heat at least.
as for the pinging.. my slanthead was pinging.. tried some 93 octane... actually made it worse.
The pinging has since "magically" disappeared..(woot.)

As for THE WAR, I'll be borrowing my dad's cannon.
Come get some.

(I'll at least mount a paintball gun on my handle bars...)

Honestly high octane fuel does nothing (other then empty your wallet faster) unless your engine is designed for it and very few truly are. Unless you're getting detonation (pinging) higher octane gas has no effect on how well or fast an engine runs.

I have to chuckle at the number of people I see putting premium into their cars and they really think their car runs better or has more power because of it.

Last edited:

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
Up here in the frozen north the premium fuel does not have any ethanol in it so it does run better and more power...noticeable???

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

How about when you live at a high altitude. Some of you folks would never notice until you did. When I lived in Austin Texas I was at a much lower altitude gas just did not matter everything ran good? Huh.....
My slant head runs just fine on a high octane. I left it double gasket ed like the factory sent it too.150 mpg gas is no object

Gas is grossly unregulated too. State to state makes a heck of a diff for how much ethanol they give you. I recently found a gas station that was virtually no ethanol it smelt like like real old school gas. Bike ran great on this tank but wait till winter all ethanol again.

As for good ol Austin TX the lower altitude they seamed to have less refined gas cars would gum up. When I got to good ol Albuquerque I had to do a manifold purge to get my power back. I did a oil change every 2000 miles and still do to this day.

Last edited:

svejkovat

May 25, 2009
michigan
Same reason we can (and do) buy homeopathic 1/1,000,000,000,000 percent topical solution of marigold oil in the store for treating all sort of imagined ills for 50 dollars per 1/4oz. It's effectivness, in the american collected unconsious (go ahead and abandon all hope ye who enter upon imagining that... I know I have), is in pretty close proportion to it's price.

God bless us!

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I never run less oil than 32:1. Ever.. Well.. I take that back.. In the old says.. 50:1 was the rule.. But.. oil back then was much different than the oils formulated these days. Oils now, most anyway, such as Valvoline are designed to burn as completely as possible in the combustion chamber for a super clean burn. Since the oils are formulated differently, 32:1 is the rule. I would ever ever recommend a 100:1 ratio. Never.. that is way way too lean.. Wow !! Do not try it. Not sure why you would want to risk engine damage to your engine. 100:1 is next to nothing in lubrication. wow !! I have been using Valvoline 2 stroke oils in my race bikes, and boats for over 30 years. Good stuff and priced right too. Enjoy the ride...

restapukin

Jul 22, 2009
australia
agree completely with what you have to say, dax, lemme quote you;

"100:1 is next to nothing in lubrication. wow !!"

but there again, maybe 'next to nothing' is exactly what they need...

that is to say, exactly what the 'eutectic additives' need in order to work the molecular magic and 'shove things smooth' in a new way...

could it be that this stuff is the first rulebreaker for decades?