Adventures in Small town VA

GoldenMotor.com

sumdawgtwigg

Aug 9, 2008
SW VA
I've decided that I'm going to keep a log here of all my rides and encounters here in my small VA town. When i got my bike a week ago I was very nervous about taking it out due to the attitude of most cops in the area. Today was my third ride and I went further than I had before, at least 7 miles. I went trough the heart of town, by the police station, by the jail and courthouse and there were no cops to be seen.

One of the funnest things besides riding to me is people watching. I love to see what reaction comes across peoples faces as I pass them. Today I passed a bunch of guys standing outside a small engine repair shop. They all just smiled and watched me go by. On my way home a woman was standing outside a beauty salon and her reaction was what I believe to be pure disgust lol.

That's all for today, maybe another ride later tonight to try out my night time luck. .wee.

P.S. got home and realized I no longer have a kickstand. Perfect excuse to buy a better one.

Last edited:

sumdawgtwigg

Aug 9, 2008
SW VA
It's a nice 80+ degree day out here in va and I made the best of it, just me and my motorbike. I stayed out close to an hour this time and rode all over the back streets, main streets, and parking lots. Biggest news of all, I passed the sheriff! He watched as i gave my hand signal to turn right and off I went. Nothing, didn't even follow me to investigate further, as cops are notorious here for. So great day, I think I'll have some lunch and hit the streets again! drn2

sumdawgtwigg

Aug 9, 2008
SW VA
I've been sick so I haven't been for ride in close to a week. Until today. I went trough town several times and just took it kind of easy. People are already becoming more accustomed to seeing me out on the bike and don't pay much attention. Word has already spread back to me from other sources that people have been talking about the guy on the black motorized bike. lol

So far, so good with law enforcement. I follow laws and wear a helmet.

sumdawgtwigg

Aug 9, 2008
SW VA
I rode into previously uncharted parts of town today. I went by the local middle and high school. Then I went down one of the main strips of town. I passed a town cop and he looked at me and kept driving. The best part of today was when I was following behind a cavalier with a little boy in the back. He turned around in his seat and watched me until they finally turned off. I could see in his eyes that he was dreaming of going home and making his bicycle into one.

sumdawgtwigg

Aug 9, 2008
SW VA
It's been awhile and I think it's time for a update. I've been riding the bike pretty consistently since my last update and have yet to have any problems with the police. They just wave and go on about their buisness. Earlier today I got behind and guy on a moped and we just cruised around for awhile. About a month ago I got in with a bunch of bikers going trough town and followed in behind them, that was interesting. I got my first wave from a motorcycle rider and that was kinda a "wtf?" moment. So, things are great and that's about all I can say.